Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

95 transport
What's it like to change a motor (3800) on one of these? The motor has 450K on it, still runs, but leaks somewhere out the bottom. I can't see from where at this point but must be a seal or two. The...

1996 Buick Century
I have a 1996 Buick Century with electric windows. The two front windows (driver and passenger sides) will not operate at all. Does anyone know if this could possibly be a fuse or something else, like...
9
9

Volt could go to trend-setters first
Volt could go to trend-setters first Motors Corp. executives are discussing launching the Chevrolet Volt first in politically important and trend-setting markets on the coasts when the vehicle makes...
1
1

2008 G5 GT Recall Info
I took my car in for the above recall yesterday and this is what the invoice had listed: Install BO Parts for the Recall 07255 Coolant Leak Install V174 Coolant Hose Clamp 1 Clip Install additional...

3.4 rear plug replacement - should the engine be rolled forward...??
2002 Monte Carlo 3.4 engine... While doing the lower intake manifold gasket, I'm planning on swapping out the rear plugs Does rolling the engine forward make for easier access or is this not necessary...
4
4

2003 Chevy Tracker fuel mileage dropping drastically !
I have a 2003 Chevy Tracker, with a Suzuki 4 cylinder, 2.0L engine. Up until the last couple of months, I would easily get 600 KMs to a tank of fuel, but now only get 300 KMs to a tank of fuel. My...
7
7

1989 Buick Lesabre Limited trunk release switch
Does the 6th gen Buick lesabre have a trunk release switch? if so, where is it located? thanks Rusty
1
1

Can anyone tell me definitively, what the acceleration of the volt will be?
Can anyone tell me definitively, what the acceleration of the volt will be? I have read and watched some video online saying that it will run at 0 to 60 in 10 seconds!!!! You've got to be kidding me!...
24
24

3.8L hesitation
Im working on a '93 pontiac trans-port van with the 3.8l motor. Its my neighbors car and he broght it to me cause the muffler has a hole in it but i noticed it wasnt running smooth at all. turned out...
11
11

2.2 GM rebuilding
I am debating what to do with my 96 S10 2.2. Truck is still running fine. but the oil pressure drops to near zero after it warms up at idle. and when its cold, the piston slap clatters like a diesel....
2
2

0W-30 Oil, Whats your view on this
I noticed yesterday that Mobil has come out with fully synthtic 0X-30 Oil. They claim it would save you more money as far as gas mileage goes. Just wondering what others think of this, and how safe...
2
2

How to detect Lower Intake Manifold Gasket Leak ???
2002 Monte Carlo 3.4 57K miles I've been losing coolent for about two weeks now... but I can't find the leak.. I can smell the antifreeze and the coolent level is dropping. I did a cooling system...
11
11

GM will do 'whatever it takes' to get Volt on the road
GM will do 'whatever it takes' to get Volt on the road -- The battery for General Motors Corp.'s Chevrolet Volt will be one-third as heavy and more than two feet shorter than those that powered the...

GM to move parts contract from American Axle
GM to move parts contract from American Axle -- General Motors intends to move a small but important parts contract from American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. -- a sign that GM is losing...

Axle strike threatens GM's hot-selling Malibu
Axle strike threatens GM's hot-selling Malibu -- General Motors will have to shut production by mid-April of its hot-selling Chevrolet Malibu if supplier American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc....