Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Poly groove pulley for a 261 chevy six?
Does anyone know where to find a Poly groove pulley for a 261 chevy six? Or does anyone know what pulley from a modern engine would retrofit easily to a chevy 261 harmonic balancer? Thanks DB

GM offers all U.S. union workers buyouts, retirement
GM offers all U.S. union workers buyouts, retirement (Reuters) -- General Motors will offer buyouts or early retirements to all 74,000 U.S. hourly workers represented by the UAW in a sweeping deal...

GM posts record loss of $38.7 billion
GM posts record loss of $38.7 billion -- General Motors Corp. today announced a 2007 net loss of $38.7 billion, almost of which came from a massive tax write down the automaker took last fall. GM's...
3
3

Programming New Keys
Do any of you out there have any information on the possible programming procedure for new keys on an 07 Malibu?
3
3

97 Suburban Tail Light - HELP
I'm trying to change my burned out right rear brake light/turn signal bulb on my '97 Suburban and have no clue on how to get to the bulb. Is there any 'how to' sites available that anyone knows about...
3
3

2003 GMC Envoy won't start / crank
Looking for possible causes for a 2003, 60K mile GMC Envoy not wanting to start. Battery has been ruled out by putting in a new one. Key turns and nothing. Low hum or buzz sound. Any help is...
1
1

2003 Impala 122k miles
my friend is selling her 2003 Chev Impala. It has only had one previous owner prior to her which was her father thru his business. It is perfect shape, it is a top of the line in that make/model,...
3
3

Buick Century 2000 remote entry problem
My keyless entry has quit. I tried the programming procedure and I do not hear the three-chime feedback from the vehicle. Anyone have an idea as to what failed? Thank you.
4
4

Government opens probe into GM SUV fires
Government opens probe into GM SUV fires - The U.S. government is investigating reports of engine fires in General Motors' full-size sport utility vehicles. The National Highway Traffic Safety...
1
1

Is it possible to export a German car out USA?
Is it possible to export a German car out USA? If so, can you get the TAX refund after the exporting? For exporting a car (any make, including US make) out USA, I have to buy it from a dealer who will...
5
5

98 GMC disable
I wont go into my reason why I need to do this but I have a 1998 GMC Jimmy I need to disable. I already have taken the starter relay out but I need to do something that is easy to do, but hard for...
4
4

GM Introduces New 2008 Line Of Layoffs
GM Introduces New 2008 Line Of Layoffs it the automotive company's "toughest and longest-lasting" line of cutbacks to date, General Motors proudly unveiled its new 2008 model layoffs on Monday,...

The Chairman and CEO of General MOtors says: "Being the captain of the Titanic is no fun."
This is the end result of the "bean counter coup" of GM after Al Sloan left in the early '60s. Car guys will remember that's about the time that GM's product started going into the crapper as well, as...

Driver information computer and avg. m.p.g.
I have been checking my fuel mileage(3 times so far) on the HHR and each time the computer gives about 1 mpg> more than what I figure. That's not too much of a difference, but am wondering which is...
6
6

98 cavalier/key stuck
my nieghbor has a cavalier and the key wont turn all the way off. Dash lights still on and the key wont come one know how to take switch out?
1
1