Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

rummble at higher speeds
I get what is like driving over the rumble strips on the side of a high way with my Buick LaSabre. It only happens at speeds above 65 mph and if I speed up or slow down it stops. I took it to a shop...
25
25

Lug Nut Studs/Lumina
Friends, We have a 1998 Lumina Sedan, 3.1. Several of the front wheel studs for the lug nuts are cross threaded/chewed up and pretty much useless. (all I wanted to do was rotate the tires). If lugs...
6
6

Accident question
For those of you that have been in an accident, I have a question. Last nite a young gal rear ended my wife in her car. Today, while talking to our insurance adjuster, I asked about rental car...
21
21

setting the base timing on 94 gmc k1500 with 305
where is the connector to place the truck in base timing mode? I have checked the passenger side floor board and can't find it. -- Message posted using information at
2
2

What Could Have Happened?
My son came home this morning stating that after having gone over a big dip in a road that the car stalled. (07 Malibu SS). After a couple of tries, it again started with no problem other than that...
5
5

Remote starter
I have a 2007 Impala LT with a factory remote start. It seems like the range that the key fobs will lock the doors and/or start the car is about half of what it was new. I have replaced the batteries...
2
2

Gas could be $3.75 a gallon by spring
Gas could be $3.75 a gallon by spring Angeles Times Staff Writer 8:23 AM EST, December 27, 2007 Gasoline could average $3.75 a gallon across the U.S. in a few months, pushing the price in California...

Biggest carmaker in the world
Toyota produced 9,5 million cars this year. GM:s plans expected 9,259 million cars to be produced this year Toyota estimates that sales have increased 6% from the year 2006 and will be 9,36 million...
32
32

OBDII - ABS
Would an OBD-II scanner read ABS codes? The car in question is an '02 Malibu. Thanks, Ken
4
4

I guess the Oil Monitor Works a Bit Differently on my car
I have an 07 malibu SS and the oil monitor consistently seems to zero out at about 3000 miles whether I do highway, city or a combination of both. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
6
6

Cavalier lighter socket
The lighter socket in my 2002 Cavalier shorted out, or at least that's where I need to start. How do I get to it? Any "on line" help or pictures? Al
1
1

towing capacity of an 1985 Chevrolet Caprice wagon with a V-8 and auto trans
Anyone know what the towing capacity of an 1985 Chevrolet Caprice wagon with a V-8 and auto trans would be? I'm thinking of getting one to tow a boat. Thanks
8
8

Buick oil monitor
My new Lucerne has an oil monitor that displays the % of oil life left. Is this for real ? I have always changed oil at 3000 mile intervals and this new system is obviously a lot longer than that. Is...
33
33

Online Manuals
Hi; Currently we use All-Data, an OnLine Repair Manual Service for our small shop. Our yearly renewal is coming up and I was wondering what else is out there. Any recomendations? Thanks Pat
3
3

GM trots out 'Vette with 620 horses
GM trots out 'Vette with 620 horses