Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Reputation of Detroit 3, UAW seen as casualty
Reputation of Detroit 3, UAW seen as casualty United Auto Workers strike against General Motors Corp. is unlikely to have any immediate impact on Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler LLC, but that could change...

Re: UAW workers strike GM
Shit happens !! Times change.... circumstances change. Promises made in the best of times sometimes don't come true. I worked for a computer company in the 50's Their motto was; "Hire with Burroughs,...
1
1

Tactics from 1970 don't fit '07 reality
Tactics from 1970 don't fit '07 reality when it looked like Detroit's auto industry was poised for a breakthrough deal, the United Auto Workers strikes General Motors Corp. and we're back to 1970 all...

Striker wallets drained
Striker wallets drained a normal week, a GM assembly worker averages $27.81 an hour and takes home nearly $800. In a good week, several hours of overtime boost that check by a couple hundred dollars....
1
1

Re: Monte Carlo - impressive mileage.
Yes, that's simply unbelievable. The EPA rating is 21/31.
2
2

Re: Monte Carlo - impressive mileage.
Nice! My best GM mileage is in a Cobalt with 34 mpg on flat straight freeways, 70 mph. The somewhat lighter Chevrolet Malibu Maxx with the 3.5 engine normally gives me around 26 mpg. Last month I had...

Re: Monte Carlo - impressive mileage.
.....and with lots of untiring comfort with the larger size. Gotta love 'em--just hope it's not too late. s

If the UAW strike lingers, 3 new GM cars are in danger (aka UAW-GM Death Blossom)
If the UAW strike lingers, 3 new GM cars are in danger (aka UAW-GM Death Blossom) 24, 2007 By MARK PHELAN FREE PRESS AUTO CRITIC Keep it short. A strike that lasts more than a few days could do...
1
1

CyberSurvey: Should UAW strike GM?
Sentiment is running better than 3:1 against the UAW, very little support out there for the UAW. CyberSurvey: Should UAW strike GM?
1
1

Teamsters won't cross picket lines to deliver parts, GM cars
Teamsters won't cross picket lines to deliver parts, GM cars International Brotherhood of Teamsters said today they will honor United Auto Workers picket lines outside General Motors Corp. facilities....
1
1

UAW sets 11 a.m. strike deadline
UAW sets 11 a.m. strike deadline threat comes as carmaker, union close in on deal but still wrestle with wages, job security. Sharon Terlep / The Detroit News The United Auto Workers set a new strike...

How do you replace the cruise/wiper/signal arm lever in a 94 chevrolet pickup?
What is the proper way to remove this piece? Ive heard that the lever just pops out but im not sure. I dont want to risk breaking anything.

1984 gmc pickup
There is a brake line that go's from the front proportioning valve to where it meets the brake hose that go's to my caliper. They meet right at the hole in my frame. This brake line is about 16 inches...
4
4

Retirees wait and hope
Retirees wait and hope he wasn?t sure how a proposed union health care fund would work, recent experiences with his health care coverage make General Motors retiree John Lattanzi concerned about...
6
6

GM Tees and Ballcaps at www.ronclaussentees.com
Go to and check out all of the GM tee shirts, ball caps, jackets and other car or NASCAR collectibles for sale at reasonable prices. If you are out west, we will be at the Turlock CA Car Swap Meet,...
2
2