Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'93 Buick Strut Replacemant High Cost
Hey guys, can some knowlegeable in this area tell me why it costs $800+ to replace the rear load leveler struts in a '93 buick park Ave? Is this a job that its best for the dealer to do only, or can...
3
3

1991 Park Ave engine schematic/parts list
Does anyone have a scanned image schematic of the 3.8 V6 that's in this car they could share? I need in particular the timing chain area. John

Impala 3.8V6 thermostat tips, or tricks
Hello: I think it is time for a preventitive replacement of the original thermostat in my 01 Impala, 3.8V6 with 70K miles. I know this is a plastic intake, and I am a bit nervous about this job. Any...
1
1

Door Ajar Light on 92 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
I really need some help with this. My 92 Roadmaster has a "Door Ajar" dash light indicating the rear wagon hatch door is open. This damn light is ON but I cannot find the switch which turns it on. I...
5
5

Re: Air conditioners for cars!
Sadly, no they won't.

Fan Clutch
On my 2002 Trailblazer, I don't think my PCM is "telling" my cooling fan clutch to "come on". I have replaced the fan clutch and it's doing the same thing as the old one. I can see the fan turning but...
5
5

ENGINE SWAP
I am trying to install an '87 350 engine out of a surburban and into a '75 corvette. What do I need to change to make it fit. i.e. flex plate, manifold, starter, etc.????

Lexus-Level Dependability, Now Available at Lower Prices
Key paragraph: "But shoppers who take the results as a sign that this is a good time to buy a new Buick might still be disappointed. While the study offered some indication that the General Motors...
3
3

Union Divide, Part 2: Pay gap divides labor chiefs
Union Divide, Part 2: Pay gap divides labor chiefs UAW pays its leader far less than a West Michigan grocery local pays its boss. Ron French and Mike Wilkinson / The Detroit News Ricardo Thomas / The...

UNION DIVIDE, PART 1:Labor bosses don't share workers' pain
UNION DIVIDE, PART 1:Labor bosses don't share workers' pain tough times, leaders still gain as workers lose ground Mike Wilkinson and Ron French / The Detroit News John M. Galloway / Special to The...

93 Grand Prix won't start
I replaced the fuel pump in my 93 Grand Prix 3.1. It ran fine after the pump was installed. It set for a couple of months after that. I started it and drove it around for about 20 minutes. I parked it...
3
3

VSS affecting ABS ...?
hello all, vehicle -- 1998 S10 4x4 automatic trans. I was driving along at about 50 mph when the speedo went to zero. About 3 seconds after that, the ABS light came on. Another 3 seconds after that,...
5
5

3800 engine chirping
I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix with 135,000 miles. It has the 3800 v6, no super charger. The motor has developed a chirping sound. The noise only starts after the engine is hot. At first I suspected...
4
4

Buick Riviera 1996 air damper door?
I have this car and I'm having problems with the air damper door. I have taken the two panels off from under the dash but I still can't find a way to change the damper to another position or where any...
1
1

Union rule change sets back workers
Union rule change sets back workers HILL, Tenn. -- When Steve Stidham moved to Saturn's own assembly plant in Spring Hill, Tenn., in 1996, he willingly signed away 19 years of General Motors Corp....