Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

S10 blower resistor/HVAC
My 1996's S10 blower quit working. My AC was out too, so i did not pay much attention to it this summer. I looked at it over the weekend and found the resistor pack in the air plenum under the hood. I...
3
3

FYI Fix blower speeds 1 and 2 on a 1999 Chev Malibu 62500 miles and other fixes
OK so it a basic post but an FYI at that. I bought a 1999 Malibu with 3.1 motor with 62500 miles around July 2007 Central NY state USA Fixed blower speeds 1 and 2 by replacing the resistor pack....
4
4

'93 Buick Strut Replacemant High Cost
Hey guys, can some knowlegeable in this area tell me why it costs $800+ to replace the rear load leveler struts in a '93 buick park Ave? Is this a job that its best for the dealer to do only, or can...
3
3

1991 Park Ave engine schematic/parts list
Does anyone have a scanned image schematic of the 3.8 V6 that's in this car they could share? I need in particular the timing chain area. John

Impala 3.8V6 thermostat tips, or tricks
Hello: I think it is time for a preventitive replacement of the original thermostat in my 01 Impala, 3.8V6 with 70K miles. I know this is a plastic intake, and I am a bit nervous about this job. Any...
1
1

Door Ajar Light on 92 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
I really need some help with this. My 92 Roadmaster has a "Door Ajar" dash light indicating the rear wagon hatch door is open. This damn light is ON but I cannot find the switch which turns it on. I...
5
5

Re: Air conditioners for cars!
Sadly, no they won't.

Fan Clutch
On my 2002 Trailblazer, I don't think my PCM is "telling" my cooling fan clutch to "come on". I have replaced the fan clutch and it's doing the same thing as the old one. I can see the fan turning but...
5
5

ENGINE SWAP
I am trying to install an '87 350 engine out of a surburban and into a '75 corvette. What do I need to change to make it fit. i.e. flex plate, manifold, starter, etc.????

Lexus-Level Dependability, Now Available at Lower Prices
Key paragraph: "But shoppers who take the results as a sign that this is a good time to buy a new Buick might still be disappointed. While the study offered some indication that the General Motors...
3
3

Union Divide, Part 2: Pay gap divides labor chiefs
Union Divide, Part 2: Pay gap divides labor chiefs UAW pays its leader far less than a West Michigan grocery local pays its boss. Ron French and Mike Wilkinson / The Detroit News Ricardo Thomas / The...

UNION DIVIDE, PART 1:Labor bosses don't share workers' pain
UNION DIVIDE, PART 1:Labor bosses don't share workers' pain tough times, leaders still gain as workers lose ground Mike Wilkinson and Ron French / The Detroit News John M. Galloway / Special to The...

93 Grand Prix won't start
I replaced the fuel pump in my 93 Grand Prix 3.1. It ran fine after the pump was installed. It set for a couple of months after that. I started it and drove it around for about 20 minutes. I parked it...
3
3

VSS affecting ABS ...?
hello all, vehicle -- 1998 S10 4x4 automatic trans. I was driving along at about 50 mph when the speedo went to zero. About 3 seconds after that, the ABS light came on. Another 3 seconds after that,...
5
5

3800 engine chirping
I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix with 135,000 miles. It has the 3800 v6, no super charger. The motor has developed a chirping sound. The noise only starts after the engine is hot. At first I suspected...
4
4