Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1996 GMC Sierra Z71 K1500 5.7 ltr 144k miles
I am having problems starting the truck. Right now if the vehicle sits for a couple of hours it will not start unless I spray some starter fluid in the TB. THere are no diag codes. Have checked /...
3
3

Montana - Feed/Return line on tranny cooler?
Just wondering if someone here with the knowledge of such could confirm for me what lines coming to/from the factory rad transmission cooler on a 2000 Montana is the feed, and which is the return? I'm...
2
2

A/C Compressor
I have an 1991 Astro Van 4.3 litre when I have the air conditioning on you can fill the compressor go on and off while driving. The A/C blows cold air it still has the original freon in it R-12. Does...
2
2

84 Caprice heater/defrost problem
Currently the airflow is coming out of my defrost vents. When I move the slider to heater or vent the air continues to come out of the defrost vents. Does anyone have an idea on how to rectify the...
3
3

Delphi workers pressed to decide
Delphi workers pressed to decide 21 months of negotiations, Delphi Corp.'s UAW workers learned Monday that they have just two or three days to decide whether to ratify a new agreement that would offer...
3
3

Big 3 lose with fuel rules, analyst says
Big 3 lose with fuel rules, analyst says -- A Senate bill to raise fuel economy mandates by 40 percent would force Detroit's Big Three automakers to dramatically reduce sales of profitable larger...
1
1

Workers: UAW got best deal
Workers: UAW got best deal But concessions at Delphi were significant, could hint at sacrifices to come in Big Three talks. -- Delphi Corp. worker Darrell Snell felt months of stress and worry slip...

oil pressure gauge questions
the oil pressure gauge on my car(94 buick regal, 10w30) drops below 40 when it comes to a stop and goes back to a little above 40 when put gas. Is this normal? also observe a little oil leak, does it...
6
6

Turning Signal Out
Curious if anyone has an idea of what the problem may be here. As I was driving this morning with my right turn signal going the turn signal indicator on the dash, and the lights at the front and rear...
9
9

cost to R&R heater core 1991 Lumina APV?
I recently had the heater core replaced in a 1991 Lumina APV Van. This Van has only a front heater core. I wonder what the experts on this board think this should have cost
4
4

DEX-COOL
The owners manual for my 2002 Envoy says I must use DEX-COOL in the cooling system. Elsewhere I read complaints about the product. What would be the problem if I used other antifreeze?
13
13

GM 3800 Series II L67 Engine Oil Change Guide
I wrote up a quick guide for changing the oil in a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, or any other car that has the General Motors 3800 Series II L67 engine with the Eaton M90 supercharger. It's a fairly simple...
1
1

Detroit's new rules
Detroit's new rules YORK (Fortune) -- In the auto business, where new cars take 36 months or more to move from a designer's inspiration to the dealer showroom, changes can take years to reveal...
1
1

UAW to push Delphi wage deal
UAW to push Delphi wage deal United Auto Workers will dispatch national leaders to Delphi Corp. union locals across the country beginning today as the UAW launches a weeklong effort to convince its...

1994 GMC diesel
Can anyone tell me what a motor temperature would have to get to, too crack a head, or head gasket. This is a 1994 6.5 GMC ,turbo diesel, we just put a motor in it in Aug. of 2006, and have only put...
9
9