Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaking AC on 95 Pontiac
My 95 Pontiac has a leaking AC. Used to be a can every year. This summer it's gotten worse. I SUSPECT the O-ring under the place where the one hose attaches, but I haven't torn into it yet. But... I...

ignition coil testing
Is there anyway to test an ignition module for a 95 Chevy Cavalier, 2.2. I'm begining to suspect the ignition module. As I posted on this newsgroup several months ago, I have a problem where my car...
2
2

1999 Chevy Venture: fuse panel (opening)
1999 Chevy Venture LS: There is a fuse panel on teh side of the glove box compartmment accessible by swinging open the passenger door. I am looking at it and want to open it. There are no latch...
1
1

Hurst Dual Gate Shifter.
Hey all, I just got a '68 GTO with the Dual Gate (his/hers) shifter. I can't figure out how to work it. I just want to see if its broken or if I am doing something wrong. Anyone with any knowledge of...
3
3

My new Saturn
I have been subscribing to the GM and the Toyota newsgroups for awhile just to see what both groups had to say about their cars. There seems to be as much bitching in the Toyota NG as there is in the...
2
2

Gas prices
In this little hillbilly burg, gas prices have dropped more than a dime a gallon in the last few days. Seems a little enigmatic, doesnt it? If the big refiners, and the entire energy supply sector,...
9
9

2000 Pontiac GP - Headlight problem
I just had the weirdest thing happen last night. I start the car and only my running lights are on. I turn the switch for the headlights and they work. Turn them back to auto and they are off. The...
5
5

Cars for Sale at Springfield OH Car Show
Just returned from a large showing of cars for sale.... favorite was a 54 Pontiac.... gosh it had some chrome... and it's still for sale. For dozens of photos of unique cars and trucks, and barn fresh...

Blow Down Testing
1995 Pontiac Grand AM four cylinder. I understand how to do cylinder blow down testing but do not know how to interpret the results. I would imagine if it lost no pressure, that would be good. What if...
1
1

chevy venture van leaking into cabin during a heavy rain
Well, today we had a massive rain in my hometown and I was about and driving my beloved van (1999 Chevy Venture). Suddenly I see drops of water falling down from the roof in front of my eyes. I looked...
2
2

Tips to better fuel economy.
Tips for better utilizing your fuel economy. 1. Turn the nozzle When you have finished filling up your gas tank try turning the nozzle of the hose a full 180 degrees. This will drain a bit more gas...
5
5

FS: quarter glass 95-97 Lumina
I have a left side quarter glass for 95-97 Lumina $30.+ shipping

Do I need both Oxygen Sensors ?
My converter is gone in my 1995 Buick regal. I bought a universal one ,but it has no place for the O2 sensor. The OEM ones are discontinued for this vehicle and even if one was available they quoted...
1
1

93 GMC Jimmy -- diesel?
I have a 1993 GMC Jimmmy. The engine runs so rough it's pretty well undriveable. I'm not interested in putting more money into the current engine, which has been nothing but trouble, but I also don't...
2
2

1973 El Camino
I'd like to replace the seat/shoulder belt system in my 1973 El Camino with up-to-date equipment that has only one latch instead of the "hook the shoulder belt to the seat belt and then attach the...
3
3