Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Banzai! Toyota in North America
Automotive News - May 14, 2007 Economic development leaders in several states say Toyota officials have signaled privately that more investment is coming... Since it opened its first auto assembly...
13
13

99 Venture Timing chain replacement
I have my venture ripped apart for a antifreeze leak. Turns out to be the combonation timing gear/water pump cover on the passenger side on the van. Anyway, bought all the gaskets, parts etc. I am...

Good GM cars last 5 years?
What are good reliable,reasonable to maintain GM cars over the last 5 years. My daily driver is a 1981 Ford Fairmont that I have used daily for the last 24 years and managed to maintain. It is now...
18
18

Clutch ..maybe
Because most of the time it won't disengage completely . 89 Chevy p/u , 4.3 V6 with a 5 speed . This clutch has never released to my satisfaction . I've replaced the entire hydraulic system , bled it...
2
2

Door Panel Removal - 2002 Bonneville
Hi All, I have a 2002 Bonneville with a power rear window that won't roll up, ugggh. I wanted to dig in and check the motor and wiring, but can't see an easy way to remove the door panel. I can pop...
2
2

G6 or Eclipse Convertable
Since I have only received one reply on the Pontiac NG I am trying here. I am trying to decide between buying a new G6 convert. or an Eclipse convert. I would like opinions on the G6 from those of you...
4
4

starter or solenoid?
i replaced pos cable .had battery and starter both tested. both good. i replaced solenoid twice 1990 buick skylark 2.5L will start maybe 5 or 6 times and then nothing when key is turned until i jump...
2
2

2003 Saturn Vue V6 Oil Filter Housing
Anyone understand Why Saturn used such a crappy oil filter setup? I've tried replacing the oil filter on my family's Vue today and the oil filter housing came loose instead of the cap loosening. So...
1
1

PING ED
Ed, I had a new Hyundai drive past me in a parking lot yesterday, and I was very surprised at the aesthetic appearance and apparent quality of this unit. Some of the earlier Hyundais looked a little...
1
1

1955 Pontiac Star Chief
Washington Post - March 4, 2001 ..the 1955 Pontiacs were a classic example of the changes that made the 1950s a golden decade for U.S. automakers. Imports were still largely on the horizon and Detroit...
7
7

Anyone have a minivan they can comment on?
I am looking for a smaller minivan - between 2002 and 2003 (can't afford anything newer than that - don't want anything older). A friend of mine has a Pontiac Montana that she loves and it is quite...
5
5

2001 Chevy Impala Traction Controll
I have a 2001 Impala that the traction controll activates everytime I back up after the car has been parked. Once you put it in drive and go forward it turns off and dosen't come back on until you...
1
1

2000 GMC Jimmy AC Evaporator Drain
Can anyone tell me where the AC evaporator drain is located on a 2000 GMC Jimmy 4DR 4x4? After the AC is used for a while I start to hear a sloshing sound coming from under the dash. The sound...

2000 GMC Jimmy 4X4 AC Evaporator Drain
Can anyone tell me where to locate the evaporator drain for my 2000 GMC Jimmy? Whenever the AC is used I start to hear a sloshing sound under the dash . It will disappear when the AC isn't used for a...
2
2

99 Jimmy Fuel Sending Unit
I`ve got a fuel gauge that`s very erratic. I`ll have to check the wiring as I`ve heard the ground can be problematic but can anyone tell me about the sending unit? Is it accessible or do I have to...
1
1