Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2001 Impala Traction Controll Activation
I have a 2001 Impala that the traction controll activates everytime I back up after the car has been parked. Once you put it in drive and go forward it turns off and dosen't come back on until you...

DIY'er needs method to evacuate 134a from ac system
All, Is there a way to build/connect the following items to an AC system and have it evacuate all of the refrigerant. 1. Manifold gauge set 2. 2cfm 2-stage vacuum pump 110v 3. emty propane tank. My...
11
11

Replace control arm bushings when?
I have a '98 minivan with 150k miles. Its had outer tie rods and hubs replaced in last two years because of worn parts. Currently there is no slop you can feel from attempting to move an unweighted...
3
3

Fluid Maintenance schedule for 2002 Buick? Cannot find it
It's a 2002 Buick Century Custom, V6 Looking for scheduled maintenance for oil, tranny, brake fluids. Number of miles/time between changing these fluids. Actually need to know the interval for all the...
1
1

Fluid Maintenance for 2002 Buick? Cannot find it
2002 Buick Century Custom, V6 Looking for scheduled maintenance for oil, tranny, brake fluids. Number of miles/time between changing these fluids. Actually need to know the interval for all the...

DIESEL
Our newspaper ran an article about a local group experimenting with bio-diesel fuel. It went on to list the advantages of the diesel engine, how the fuel needed less processing than gasoline, how the...
6
6

3 big questions for Detroit's Big Three
3 big questions for Detroit's Big Three YORK ( -- Despite this week's big bet by a big private equity firm that it can turn around Chrysler, major questions remain for the troubled automaker - and the...

1997 2.2 Cavalier Spark problem
Have a 97 Cavalier with p0300 (random misfire) and p0172 (rich fuel condition).I'm assuming the rich fuel condition is a result of the un burned fuel hitting the o2 sensor post catalytic converter?...
3
3

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Running Head Lights and Blower wiring
I am trying to isolate the culprit as to why my blower randomely works. When my blower does not work, I have found that my A/C, Rear Defroster, and my Day-Time Running lights do not work. If I turn...
1
1

In Deal, a Test for the U.A.W.
In Deal, a Test for the U.A.W. HILLS, Mich., May 14 ? Can private equity investors fix Chrysler for good, and can they avoid a confrontation with the United Automobile Workers union? These are the...

Bonnevilles, Galaxies, Wildcats - Fun, Fun, Fun
NY Times - June 19, 1986 SOUTHAMPTON, LONG ISLAND. When Vivian Pummill was invited to a beach party last weekend, she did not worry about what to wear. She worried about what to drive. "I've got a...

96 Cavalier stalls and wont start randomly
Hello, I have a 96 cavalier that I have been driving for nearly 3 years. Since decemeber of 2006 I have had issues with my car randomly not starting. My father who Knows a fair bit about mechanics ran...
6
6

Gasoline Cold Turkey Day
Well, trying to go 'cold turkey' on driving is a lesson in awareness for me. It is much like going on a diet, I guess, or trying to stop smoking. Today I will use my bicycle when I can, and perhaps...
3
3

Why wont my OBDII scanner communicate
For My chev 2003 Asto Van I am using the correct scanner but it will not communicate. I am wondering if it is common for this to happen? What can I check? Remove dashes "-----------" to e-mail.
4
4

1999 Tahoe Power Window problem
Hi All, I have a 1999 Tahoe that has developed a power window problem. At this point, here is what has happened... On Saturday, I started the vehicle and rolled down all 4 windows a few inches. Then,...
3
3