Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The Starbucks effect
-- What It Is: After decades of obscurity, brown leather car interiors are making a comeback. A growing number of auto makers are offering coffee- or chocolate-colored hides in high-end models as well...

Converting from TB/FI to fuel injected
I need some advice on replacing my 93 suburban's 5.7l/350 TB/FI. I would like to get a new or remanufactured fuel injected engine. What's the best way to go (turn key vs long block)? Also, what other...

Mike Hunter , time to sell your GM stock
By Robert Farago May 9, 2007 1,299 Views GM?s Board of Bystanders just voted to allow its top execs to resume trading their company?s shares. GM?s big dogs have until May 21 to buy, sell, or buy and...
1
1

ABS ?
I have a sensor on my 98 Jimmy that the wire has broken. My wife needs to use it and I don't have time to fix it until this weekend. Can I remove the fuse to deactivate the system and make the repair...
6
6

Big Three can't play defense anymore
Big Three can't play defense anymore Barack Obama's finger-wagging lecture this week to Detroit's automakers shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's paying attention. It's the future if maligned...

Toyota reports record $14-billion profit
Toyota reports record $14-billion profit Motor Corp. reported early this morning that annual profits rose 19.8% to a company record $1.64 trillion yen, or about $14 billion. Toyota?s revenues rose...
4
4

ABS
I have a sensor on my 98 Jimmy that the wire has broken. My wife needs to use it and I don't have time to fix it until this weekend. Can I remove the fuse to deactivate the system and make the repair...
2
2

1996 Chevy Corsica - O2 sensor locations
I got a P0140 the other day and scanner says that bank 1, sensor 2 has no activity. Is bank 1, sensor 2 located behind the engine, on the exhaust manifold or along the tailpipe? Those are the only O2...

2003 Malibu. all Power options fail to Start. Need help/recommendation
I have a 2003 Chevy Malibu LS. Most of the times on starting the car/ ignition the other power options fail to start, i.e. the radio, dashboard, fuel light, all power options (doors/windows),..none of...
1
1

Bizaar '96 PassLock behavior... HELP!
This is from my son: ********************************** I own a 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier. Recently, it has not been starting because the passlock system is on the fritz and it thinks I'm stealing it....

Obama Criticizes Automakers on Fuel Economy
Obama Criticizes Automakers on Fuel Economy May 7 ? Senator Barack Obama of Illinois criticized American auto companies today for doing too little to lessen the nation?s dependence on foreign oil and...
8
8

87- 4.3- tbi
Hi People, Help Please,, I have a 87 G.M.C Rally van, shortbox window van , it was in great shape when i bought it 10 yrs ago, so i invested some money into her, new engine 4.3 v6 used the original...

parts help!!!quik reply please
Hi, I just got done troubleshooting a friends car that would not start. It is a '01 oldsmobile alero with a 3.4L. Turned out to be a bad map sensor. I had one laying around from a '95 saturn sl2. The...
1
1

China - GM's 2nd largest national market
The Economist - April 28, 2007 GM...is on top in...the world's most promising car market. Sales of cars and light trucks in China reached 7.2 million in 2006, making it the second-largest national...

GM gives Volt a jolt; could hit roads by 2010
GM gives Volt a jolt; could hit roads by 2010 MILFORD, Mich. -- General Motors is moving quickly to get the Chevrolet Volt out of the laboratory and into the showroom. Since the Volt's successful...