Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

3.1 Crossover Pipe - 1997 Lumina
1997 Lumina. 165k miles. This pipe goes from front bank exh manifold to rear bank exh manifold. Covered by a heat shield, so you can't see it. I didn't hear it, but my son did. He also felt the...
3
3

Chevrolet Turns 100: Iconic Cars In Film
Chevrolet Turns 100: Iconic Cars In Film Chevrolet Turns 100: Iconic Cars In Film | HuffPost null

chinese Saab - soon all of GM
A former Swedish part of GM is now completely in Chinese ownership and will be moved to china. The Chinese are said to want more and more of GM moved over. The Chinese own a lot of US debt and some of...
11
11

Real GM electrical automobile
The GM Hybrid Volt is not selling much and in order to do what everyone wan= ted and expected GM is planning a real electrical vehicle. Even after the late-2010 launch date on the Chevrolet Volt...
9
9

GM or WS?
Was it General Motors (GM) or was it Wall Stree (WS) that decided that it was necessary to move jobs away from USA to get lower payrolls? The demonstrations we see today against WS are reflecting the...
5
5

louis
Louis Chevrolet died nearly penniless on June 6, 1941 in Detroit, Michigan, and is buried in the Holy Cross and Saint Joseph Cemetery in Indianapolis, Indiana. Louis Chevrolet - Wikipedia

Ignition switch won't turn all the way off
Another issue with the 2000 Jimmy is that the igniton switch won't turn all the way off so I can get the key out. When you're done driving it and go to shut it off, the ignition switch will only go to...
17
17

115-year-old electric car gets same 40 miles to the charge as Chevy Volt
115-year-old electric car gets same 40 miles to the charge as Chevy Volt
4
4

Heater Core Jinx
About six hours after I posted a reply to the heater core thread, saying I'd only had 2 radiators spring a leak, my wife came home from work. With a leaking radiator. 1997 Lumina with 165k miles. She...
3
3

Radiator stop-leak
Is there any kind of radiator stop-leak that is supposed to be the best? Normally I'd just fix the leak (remove radiator & have it repaired, etc). But this particular leak is in the heater core of a...
13
13

2000 Jimmy no 4WD
I have a 2000 Jimmy and the warning light is lit that says Service 4WD. I notice the switch on the dash to put it in 4-Hi, etc doesn't do anything, and doesn't even light up like the identical switch...
2
2

Chevrolet Volt sales: Time to get it in gear
Old GM to New GM to organic fertilizer. A skunk cabbage by any other name (GM?) is still a skunk cabbage. "...In August, GM sold 300 gasoline/electric Volts. Meanwhile, Nissan sold over 1,300 of its...
2
2

Cars we don't get to drive.
The car makers we all know only give us a smattering of the models available word wide. My rental here in Italy is a Citroen C4. It has a diesel engine, five speed manual, all sorts of options and...

GM deal moves electric car development to China -- a 'shakedown'?
Here are cars made in USA GEM Approaching retirement, Rick and Gloria Owen decided to give up their second car and replace it with a sort-of golf cart. They bought a Neighborhood Electric Vehicle: a...
8
8

'98 Olds 3800, tries to die at idle, no MIL
'98 Olds Intrigue 3800, 175K miles, having issues beginning a couple days ago. Seems to only happen after it's warmed up (so far). At idle it will try to die, RPM's will dip way down, then it will...
25
25