Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Government could seek foreign investors for GM
Government could seek foreign investors for GM DETROIT ? Investment bankers handling the upcoming General Motors Co. stock sale are expected to court foreign investors as well as those in North...
6
6

Book says GM had clueless 'culture of losing'
Book says GM had clueless 'culture of losing' David Barkholz Automotive News -- September 20, 2010 - 12:01 am ET Steven Rattner, former chief of the Obama auto task force, said General Motors'...
17
17

Dear engineers: No more clever gizmos, please
Dear engineers: No more clever gizmos, please time I make a lane change in a BMW, I feel like an idiot. It's a blinker thing. When I turn the left indicator off, I somehow activate the right one. I...
11
11

GM's IPO may be toned down
GM's IPO may be toned down of automaker's stock may not be sold in the initial offering Christina Rogers and David Shepardson / The Detroit News General Motors Co. appears to be tamping down...
12
12

Wipers wont shut off - 89 Caprice
I have a 1989 Caprice Station Wagon. All of a sudden the windshield wipers will not shut off, once I turn them on. I have to unplug the cable going to the wiper motor. Then it shuts off until I use...
8
8

Turn over rock of GM pension deals, find politics
Turn over rock of GM pension deals, find politics Motors Co. is preparing to sell itself to investors in one of the nation's largest initial public offerings, but ghosts of a politicized past may...
3
3

Air Compressor Size & Usage
Hello, I just received a "Speedy Sprayer" made by the 'W R Brown Corporation' from my uncle's estate. I'm not entirely convinced it will be of any use other than for paint or pesticide spraying and...
4
4

downfall
What was the most successful of the 1940s? Easy. GM. And the most disappointing one of the 2000s? Easy again. GM A company once held up as an example of how to compete in technology and create new...
9
9

Review: 2011 Buick Regal is potentially great, just not yet
Review: 2011 Buick Regal is potentially great, just not yet
5
5

Buick 3.8 oil consumption ?
Have a '08 Buick Lucerne...3.8. Uses about a Qt.every 1000 miles Mixed highway and city driving, Is this 'normal' or should I get to the dealer ? Thanks Gary
15
15

Removal of rear inner fender directly above tires (wheehouse) on a 1991 Chevy K1500 pickup
Hi everyone, I have a 1991 Chevy K1500 1/2 ton pickup. It's not a step-side where the rear fenders are on the outside, but a regular bed with the fenders on the inside of the bed. I have a couple of...

Features for King Tut's Chariot
Features for King Tut's Chariot

89 GM Ign Modules _Can they shut off fuel?
Hello, 89 Buick Electra Park Ave. Very clean car, 3800 engine, 84K miles Does this car shut down fuel delivery if no spark is present? i.e. If the coil pack were to melt and leak into the ignition...
8
8

GM to Pay New CEO Akerson $1.7 Million Cash a Year
GM to Pay New CEO Akerson $1.7 Million Cash a Year
1
1

The Big SUV's death rattle [08/23/10]
The Big SUV's death rattle [08/23/10]