Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fuel-saving ideas are all around
What a change from the accursed days of the Powerglide Fuel-saving ideas are all around first modern mass-market electric cars will cause a sensation when the Chevrolet Volt and Nissan Leaf go on sale...
5
5

Defensive driving course online
In these current times in, it is nice to know that many workplaces have taken measures to insure the safety of their employee=92s times of an emergency. The law states that employers are required to...

97-03 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement Guide With Pictures
I just replaced a headlight bulb in my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (with lovely galaxy silver metallic paint) and took pictures of the process. Replacing the turn signal bulb doesn't require any...

GM begging for loser loans
You mean Government Motors is twisting the banks arms to lend to poor credit types so the taxpayer gets on the hook for more. If GM buys the auto loan business, here goes the mushroom debt bubble...
4
4

Window switch - Olds
I know someone posted in here about this several months ago, I can't find the thread. Olds Intrigue '98 drivers window works sometimes on the 1st try, other times on the 20th, when trying to roll it...
1
1

GM hopes new Cruze controls small car market
GM hopes new Cruze controls small car market KRISHER / AP Auto Writer ANN ARBOR -- General Motors thinks it can finally sell a good small car. The company, which has a past littered with compact...
2
2

Alternator Life Expectancy
What is a good expectation for life of an alternator? I've got a 93 Sub C1500 with a 105 Amp Delco Reman with 76k miles on it. Bearings are fine so I suspect the brush life will dictate the life. Any...
7
7

Highest-mileage list has surprises
Highest-mileage list has surprises was only a couple of years ago that gasoline prices peaked at more than $4 a gallon. Even though prices receded, few doubt that high-priced gas could eventually be...
1
1

UAW
although I always stick up for the union worker the news out of the UAW is stupid political grandstanding or not, the GM uaw retirees received all of there health care benefits thru the bankrupcy...
6
6

"SURVEY SAYS!" U.S. Cars Beat Foreign Brands! [No Bribes Uncovered ... Yet]
What is doesn't say is more revealing of the industry mentality. What if one vehicle in 100 had 109 problems - or what were the problems and how serious were they?
4
4

Almost 100,000 miles.
Well the 2005 Park Avenue is almost at 100,000 miles. Still got the Original dex-cool, Intake manifold and gaskets - no leaks or loss of coolant. I guess GM fixed the problem by 2005? Planned on...
5
5

Issa to propose ban on GM, Chrysler lobbying
"...GM spokesman Greg Martin said it "will continue to exercise its First Amendment right to free speech." With taxpayer money-taxpayer rape by GM/Chrysler rolls on and on and on and... Issa to...
3
3

GM to go it alone on Opel, Vauxhall
GM to go it alone on Opel, Vauxhall Motors announced Wednesday it will pay for restructuring its Opel and Vauxhall operations itself, withdrawing applications for more than $2.2 billion in aid from...
2
2

Batteries to be plentiful for electric cars
Batteries to be plentiful for electric cars may outpace consumer demand for years, experts say Alisa Priddle / The Detroit News Novi -- Electric vehicles are poised to be both popular and profitable,...
3
3

Knocking - 93 Grand AM
I own a 93 Grand AM 3.3 V6. When engine is warm, I get mild knocking sound from left (belt) side of engine. Any idea what it may be?
7
7