Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

In GM's boardroom, kicking tires and taking names
( - Apparently, General Motors wasn't too big to fail. Once the largest automaker in the world, GM filed for bankruptcy in 2009. It remains uncertain when ? or whether ? the company, propped up by $50...
8
8

Fuel gauge needle now up beyond stopping peg
I just filled a Olds Intrigue ('98) with fuel and changed the battery, after which time I noticed the fuel needle is now up past the peg which is supposed to stop it at the full mark. It appears the...
3
3

A world without GM
In a world without GM In a world without GM, we would not need to bailout GM, or the 4 times so far for GMAC, and then there is Delco. Bailout group of GM. But it didn't end there. Over 2 decades of...
8
8

to mike hunter
I am running out of bait, C57, higgens, etc ate it all up.
4
4

Rise of the Minivan
(Car Lust Blog) - The minivan we all know and love (or loathe) today did not simply pop into existence. The story of how the North American minivan came to be is actually a long and complicated one,...
12
12

GM what would have happened
I Gm would have folded like a few wanted what would have happened. 600K would have been added to the PBGC rolls 6,000 dealerships would have been closed hundreds of suppliers would have folded or...
29
29

gm haters
To the 4 or 5 gm haters in this group you have the right to bitch all you want just remember there are 100s of thousands of people that rely on gm living on I worked for gm for 35 years and saw that...
6
6

Passlock. Oh-oh?
My 04 Grand Am wouldn't start this morning. Security Light kept flashing. I guess Passlock shut down the system. I left the key ON and eventually the light went off and it started. The Security light...

50 ugliest cars of the past 50 years
Bloomberg Businessweek Considering how many new cars are rolled out every year, it's no surprise that a few might be just plain homely. There's a chance that certain styles might become fashionable...
17
17

electrical Volt in 18 hours
Why wait for the Volt when you can roll your own in 18 hours

GM IPO
From: Automotive News: Quote: Automotive News | May 1, 2010 - 8:58 am EST DETROIT (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Co. may be able to command a stock price greater than $100, tempting holders of warrants...
3
3

Thieves at GM-Repaying Taxpayers With Their Own Cash
Thieves at GM-Repaying Taxpayers With Their Own Cash we inch closer to a clearer understanding of the products and practices that unleashed the credit crisis of 2008, it?s becoming apparent that those...
1
1

GM ad glosses over the reality
GM ad glosses over the reality Ed appears to have stepped into a big muddy. In a TV ad that is generating the kind of publicity you don't want, GM CEO Ed Whitacre strides across the screen saying the...
1
1

building a car
35 years in the auto industry and everyone I met knew how to build cars, and why don't they do this and that all it led to was this put all the wishes and wants between two sheets of steel and call it...
21
21

Cavalier sound from front left ??
My son has a 2002 Cavalier. Recently he has been hearing at speeds over about 25 a loud sound which sounds like its in front of the driver in engine area. Its sort of a deep roaring which gets louder...
7
7