Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wheel lug torque specs
7
7

Ford Workers Reject Contract changes
Ford Workers Reject Contract changes ? Ford Motor Co. workers have overwhelmingly rejected contract changes that would have allowed the automaker to cut labor costs, leaving Ford at a disadvantage to...
50
50

1980 Malibu
I'm looking at a 1980 Malibu with 47k, as a knock around 1st car for my daughter. This is an old ladies car that is no longer in use by her. I'm not sure of the engine size, but am wondering about any...
11
11

A Different Bailout
A Different Bailout-Rats leaving the ship (Volt). They see it up close so they are leaving the Titanic. Chevrolet Volt chief executive to leave post for new job at Opel Detroit News The Chevrolet Volt...
4
4

Buick Dealer Closings List ?
Hello, Any new, reasonably complete, list of Buick dealers to-be-closed list anywhere ? Thanks, Bob

92 GMC pickup 4.3 questions
Hi I have a 92 GMC Sierra 4.3 V6 about 127K miles. I bought it a little over two years ago from the original owner with about 92K. The truck was pampered and came with a thick stack of receipts for...
3
3

Shhhh ... Don't Look Now ... But GENERAL MOTORS Is About To Fleece You, Again!
True electrics will only be more expensive than conventionally powered cars until the economies of scale catches up. True electrics will then cost much less to produce than conventionally powered...
9
9

Pontiac Grand Prix Serpentine Belt Replacement Guide
During some spirited driving recently, I heard half of my serpentine belt rip off and rattle around the engine bay. Luckily half of it stayed intact so I was able to go pick up a new belt and get back...
2
2

What are trees called in Detroit?
Public transportation.
1
1

The local police have begun to use all Coonhounds for their canine patrol.
They said they've had absolutely no problems with Germans.

General Motors
no knowledge of any sears roebuck catalog; it's irrelevant anyways- a car is much different than a catalog.
2
2

Former GM Economist: Detroit Ignored Demands For Efficiency
Former GM Economist: Detroit Ignored Demands For Efficiency GM Economist and current head of the Automotive Analysis division of the Transportation Research Institute at the University of Michigan...
2
2

Consumer Reports? Reliability Results
At one point in my life, when I had to buy used cars, I bought one based on the CR rating and it was one of the most problematic cars I ever owned. What good is any survey when the things that are...
6
6

GM Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Supercharger Belt Replacement Guide
My serpentine belt shredded itself a few days ago. Since the supercharger belt has to be removed to work with the serpentine belt, I replaced it as well. I took pictures of the process and wrote up a...
2
2

Detroit house auction flops for urban wasteland
Five Presidents promoted free trade. Now almost all manufacturing has move to China. So now we see the results. The American worker has been sold out by our government. The solution, sell the...
3
3