Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What percentage of 20 year old cars are on the road?
State motor vehicle deparments probably have the data, although it might need to be massaged in order to make sense of it. If magazines & newspapers can get the information, you probably can too....
20
20

Cost of owning a Cobalt
I'm not so sure I agree that the hybrid will be cheaper given the potential cost for battery replacement From: Cobalt The conventional wisdom is that compact car shoppers are trying to save a little...
4
4

98 Jimmy electrical problem
1998 GMC Jimmy it has auto head lights. My problem is intermittent, sometimes I loose power to the heater, radio, interment panel (speed, tach, warning lights, fuel, etc) power outlets, but the car...
2
2

04 Blazer radiator drain
The shop manual (GM Factory books) say open drain cock and drain radiator.... How does it open?? I see a small groove in one side - does it have a plug that turns and comes out?? Any advice would be...
6
6

GM CP Rail Oshawa
Anyone know of what happened with 300 vehicles in GM Oshawa CP Rail yards a few months ago? Some rail cars were not braked and rolled off the end of the track trashing 100's of new trucks? Rumour or...
5
5

Q - S10 eats batteries about once a year?
Hello all, I have a V6 Chevy S10 that eats about one battery every year or so. It's a 2002 and I have owned it since 2004. From 2004 'till today I have replaced the battery seven times. I've tried two...
19
19

Pulling Harmonic Balancer 1994 Roadmaster
It looks like I need to pull the harmonic balancer on my 94 Roadmaster to get the distributor out. There are three bolts on it that I removed. Does the front of the pulley come off, or do I need to...

1998 Buick Riviera Drivers Seat Heater won't work.
Hi, Here's the situation. The Drivers seat heater in my 98 Riv doesn't work. The light came on when you pressed the button "Hi" & "Lo" but there was no heat. I also noticed a clicking sound coming...
8
8

General Motors Zombie Watch 19: You Get What You Don?t Pay For
But, but, but how do you explain why GM has out sold every other manufacture for at least fifty years, including even today? They must be building what the US customer wants, or they would not still...
14
14

GM tweaks health plans
GM tweaks health plans most salaried workers to make switch David Shepardson / Detroit News Washington Bureau General Motors Co. is moving most of its 24,000 salaried workers away from traditional...

GM, Chrysler were a mess: Car czar
As they often say, the workers cannot fix a management problem. ³ We were shocked, even beyond our low expectations, by the poor state of both GM and Chrysler. Looking just at the condition of GM's...
14
14

Removing Heater Hose at Firewall - Lumina APV
Howdy all... need a little help here in removing the heater hoses from the rear firewall. I need to replace the heater core. 1995 Chevy Lumina APV 3.1 engine Hoses on the firewall have the broad type...
4
4

For Car Buyers, the Brand Romance Is Gone
For Car Buyers, the Brand Romance Is Gone ? To sell a car in the 1980s, dealers had to do little more than open their doors, and loyal buyers would show up to trade in their Chevrolet for a new...
2
2

Inside the Chrysler, GM rescues
Fed Spin-they will soon pass away in the real world. Inside the Chrysler, GM rescues task force almost let Chrysler fail, shocked at GM's poor management David Shepardson / Detroit News Washington...
1
1

Goodbye GM and good riddence
I will make this my last post and vent off some steam. My first and last GM car will be traded off this Friday. I wish I could say it has been a nice 9 years, but it is a bitter ending. To any and all...
11
11