Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Questions regarding 4WD not engaging on a 1991 Chevy K1500 Pickup
Hi everyone, My 4WD stopped engaging on my 1991 Chevy K1500 Pickup. I noticed the 4WD light was not coming on and I ran the truck up on the bottom of a steep bank to check if it was not in 4WD or if...
7
7

2000 safari no power to fuel pump
So my work van died on me, wasn't getting fuel. Replaced fuel filter, which wasn't bad, but due for one. Thinking fuel pump went out, and for years the fuel sending was flaky, I just ordered a new...
5
5

Fast belt change
Doubt you can do the new serpentine belts this easy What a way to win a bet!
1
1

Alternator Problem
I recently installed 3 autozone rebuilt alternators and 1 new alternator after a 5 year stint of no charging system issues. All of these have been within the past 3 months and to begin with, I was...
71
71

Quiz: Which car is built in America?
Quiz: Which car is built in America? a look at the autos below, then click on the car you think is built mostly in the U.S. The answers may surprise you.
37
37

4.3 Blazer intake gasket
My son has a '99 Blazer with a 4.3 which is losing coolant, and was told it is the intake gasket. Is this a common problem on those engines? Where exactly does the coolant typically leak? Anything out...
3
3

Questions regarding rear leaf spring U-Bolt top-plate on a 91 Chevy K1500 Pickup
Hi everyone, I'm hoping I can get some feedback regarding the rear leaf spring U- Bolt top-plate on a 1991 Chevy K1500 pickup. I have attached two gif drawings for reference. Here is the download link...
6
6

For Sale, Cheap: 'Old GM' Peddles an Empire's Remains
For Sale, Cheap: 'Old GM' Peddles an Empire's Remains -- On the 39th floor of the Renaissance Center, General Motors Co. Chief Executive Frederick "Fritz" Henderson and his managers are trying to...

my turn
Source: Special Automotive News Email Alert Hans Greimel - October 2, 2009 TOKYO -- Toyota Motor Corp. President Akio Toyoda said his money-losing automaker is "grasping for salvation" as it struggles...
1
1

GM Canada sales down
GM September sales were down 23.4% in Canada. Tick Toc...
2
2

Full List of Culled Chevy and Cadillac Dealers
Full List of Culled Chevy and Cadillac Dealers anonymous TTAC Tipster has made it possible for me to fulfill my promise to our Best and Brightest. Click here for a pdf list of all Chevrolet and...
3
3

Penske-Saturn deal collapses after Renault-Nissan backs out
Penske-Saturn deal collapses after Renault-Nissan backs out Motors said today it would shut down Saturn after respected Detroit businessman Roger Penske shocked GM and 350 Saturn dealers by saying...

GM kills Saturn after Penske ends deal. Obama Motors announces "Yugo" rebirth.
No, there ain't no damned Yugo. stversion=2009093019 Auto dealer terminates agreement with General Motors, citing concerns about supplies of the vehicle after GM stops producing Saturns. NEW YORK ( --...

Penske Ends Talks to Buy Saturn From G.M.
Penske Ends Talks to Buy Saturn From G.M. DETROIT ? General Motors said Wednesday that it now planned to close its Saturn brand after Penske Automotive abruptly called off an agreement to acquire the...
5
5

GM's top electric car exec quits
GM's top electric car exec quits in work on Volt, battery technology, Kruse leaves to start own consulting firm ROBERT SNELL The Detroit News Bob Kruse, who recently led a critical Chevrolet Volt team...
2
2