’89 Buick Century stalls out while not moving, drives shaky

My 89 Buick Century recently had car starting problems. It would take

8+ tries just to get it started, and then it would drive SHAKY as hell. My neighbor told me it was my starter, and together we removed it and installed a brand new one. Now, if the car is started and sits in idle for 2+ minutes, the engine line will turn on the car stalls out. Also, very seldom(about 1 out of 10 times) the car won?t start the first attempt(but will the second.)

Oh, and it drives very shaky.

What is the problem?

Reply to
I_Hate_My_Car

If you have the starter issue taken care of, then I would check trouble codes. I believe all you need is a jumper wire on the A&B terminals of the ALDL, koeo, then count the flashes on the cel. If the lite comes on before it dies, there should be a code,s. If there are no codes then when was the last tuneup?

Reply to
jdl