Best Rated threads in General Motors Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Removal of rear inner fender directly above tires (wheehouse) on a 1991 Chevy K1500 pickup
Hi everyone, I have a 1991 Chevy K1500 1/2 ton pickup. It's not a step-side where the rear fenders are on the outside, but a regular bed with the fenders on the inside of the bed. I have a couple of...

'98 Intrigue front stabilizer bar broken
I just discovered the front stabilizer bar broken on my '98 Olds Intrigue. It must be a common problem because my friend's Buick Century did the same thing -- the ends of the bar are flat instead of...
7
7

'99 cadillac deville, blown head gasket, engine rebuild/replace advice ?
The inlaws own a '99 deville . Engine started overheating during a trip. They needed to top off coolant every couple days (1/2 - 1 gallon). Cadillac dealer says coolant leaking into #1 cylinder and...
5
5

97-03 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement Guide With Pictures
I just replaced a headlight bulb in my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (with lovely galaxy silver metallic paint) and took pictures of the process. Replacing the turn signal bulb doesn't require any...

Sears Actron OBDII scanner
I'm going to buy a scanner and don't know which one of the zillion out there to buy. I just mess with cars for fun and don't need an expensive fancy one. The fastest and easiest thing is to just go to...
11
11

GM kills Saturn after Penske ends deal. Obama Motors announces "Yugo" rebirth.
No, there ain't no damned Yugo. stversion=2009093019 Auto dealer terminates agreement with General Motors, citing concerns about supplies of the vehicle after GM stops producing Saturns. NEW YORK ( --...

2000 Silverado with high idle
2000 Silverado LT, automatic, that just had the rear end replaced and a new battery installed. Whether warm or cold once I get moving it appears like the idle is high. If I come to a stop sign you can...
5
5

Pontiac Grand Prix Power Steering Whining & Groaning Noises Repair Guide
A few days ago I started hearing groans and whines coming from the engine bay of my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP sedan equipped with the GM 3800 Series II, Eaton M90 supercharged, L67 V6 engine. I...
2
2

Worn Spline on Wiper Arm, Stripped Mostly
Shaft seems okay. Is there a fix for a worn spline on a Trico wiper arm for Pontiac? Looks like the arm part is cast. I suspect electrical tape or duct tape isn't the way to go. Anybody try copper /...
13
13

Re: U.S. Car Makers Fail to Improve Resale Values
I believe it is time for Kelly to enter the real word of NEW car pricing. Basing the residual value of a used car, on MSRP is misleading. Everyone in the business knows most of the imports that look...

1999 Buick Century - Low Blower fan speed don't work - High Works
1999 Buick Century My blower fan - fan that blows air inside the car heat & AC - The blower fan does NOT work for Low. Only works when I turn the knob all the way to highest. Checked fuses, there are...
7
7

93 Pontiac Transport 3.8 fast idle
What are the possible cures for a very fast idle up to 2500rpm once engine is at operating temp? Occurs mostly in warm weather, rarely in winter, and especially in stop and go traffic. Engine temp is...
1
1

Prizm 3-speed vs 4-speed auto trans
How can I tell if the auto trans is 3 or 4 speed in a 90's Geo Prizm or Chevy Prizm ??? I test drove a 94 Geo Prizm yesterday. The owner didn't know if it was 3 or 4 speed. The rpms were 2500 at about...
9
9

I did it !! 2002 Monte Carlo lower Intake Manifold Gasket replacement
I did it !! Finally finished replacing the lower intake manifold gasket. Not an easy DIY job for the first time, especially on an engine I've never worked on before, but I can see how it would be...
1
1

Fuel consumption at idle?
Does anyone know the actual fuel consumption when an engine is at idle? Say the very common 3.8 GM engine for instance. Every gas saving tip articles says not to let your car warm up for long but they...
17
17

2003 Chevy Tracker fuel mileage dropping drastically !
I have a 2003 Chevy Tracker, with a Suzuki 4 cylinder, 2.0L engine. Up until the last couple of months, I would easily get 600 KMs to a tank of fuel, but now only get 300 KMs to a tank of fuel. My...
7
7

NIGLUBE
The service manual for my 2002 Aurora tells me to use NIGLUBE on the brake caliper slide pins. My Googling has not turned up a US source for this stuff that is made by Nippon Grease Co, and I can't...
3
3

GM 3800 Series II PCV Valve Replacement Guide - Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
I'm sure most of you could swap out a PCV valve in just a few minutes but I wrote up a quick guide with pictures to help out any new owners. The guide was written specifically for the GM 3800 Series...
1
1

1995 lesabre backfires and quits after starter is released.
I have a 1995 buick lesabre with 105,000 mi on it. It was running fine then Yesterday. I went to start it today It was cold -13 and it would not start. Checked the battery, it was real low. Ok fine I...
16
16

'94 Buick Regal - Intermittent cut out while driving
Folks, My 1994 Buick Regal has developed a problem that is driving me crazy! First, details on car: 133K miles, 3800 V-6 (Code "L"), 4T65E transaxle, California emissions (has dual O2 sensors). Has...
1
1