Best Rated threads in General Motors Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

HELP! Buick Tranny problem
Having a problem I need to get some info on. If anyone can give an answer, it would be much appreciated. Please reply via email as well as the boards, as my server doesn't keep a lot of messages, it...
5
5

1997 Chevrolet Venture - Belt Squel
I seem to have occasional issues with the belt squealing on my 1997 Venture with the 3.5L engine. It seemed to occur when the vehicle would be first started and the A/C engaged, when turned to speed 2...
8
8

'92 Grand Prix Stalling Problem
My '92 Grand Prix (3.1 L) keeps stalling after i fixed a fuel line leak. Gas is getting to the injectors as I check at the valve near the injector and there is pressure and gas. I drove it for a few...
6
6

06 Chevy Impala Keyless Entry
Our '06 Impala suddenly lost most of the range on the remote entry system. Went from about 200' to no more tham 30' now. Tire pressure monitor system is also acting-up (it uses the RKE receiver as...
1
1

Damn That Dexcool...sprung another leak
97 pontiac GA 3.1, 131k miles. I must say this car has held up and runs pretty damn good to be honest...but the coolant leaks do to Dexcool have caused an Intake gasket failure at 80k costing me $800,...
46
46

I rented a Chevy Uplander
I had to go to Dallas, Texas again and went to the usual rental car place. The only SUV-ish thing they had was a Chevy Uplander. I drove it home 25 miles and took it back to the rental place the next...
10
10

93 buick lesabre engine mount
hello im trying to replace water pump in my buick. the engine mount must be removed to do so. i have all the bolts out but it wont come out. what am i missing?
1
1

1988 GMC 4.3 1500 TRUCK STARTING RUNNING PROBLEMS
I have a 1988 gmc truck 4.3 engine and about 2 weeks ago I pulled up to a stop sign and it quit running it was about half way warmed up, so I turned the key off and it restarted but it was running...
4
4

HELP!! Parking and dash lights not working!
I have a 1986 Astro panel van, that as of 2 days ago, the parking(all) and the instrument panel(speedometer, etc) lights, just quit working. I have checked the fuses, and pulled the switch to see if...

Remove door on a Cutlass Ciera
I've been asked to help a friend change her driver's door on a 93 Cutlass Ciera. I've generally only worked on Toyotas, which at first glance seem a lot more straightforward. Please could anybody tell...
3
3

Squealing noise after intake gasket and manifold repair. 1999 Park Ave
I fell victom to the leaking upper intake manifold. I caught it right away went I started the engine it missed slightly and I noticed the coolant was low. I called the Buick dealer asking him about...
1
1

Malibu Dash / Heater Core
I stopped by the Chevy dealer to talk to one of the Goodwrench about getting my uncles motorcycle up and running, anyway there is a fairly new Malibu on the floor by his bay. The console, steering...
20
20

JB Weld on Exhaust Manifold ?????
I was reading another older thread on her about someone that used JB Weld on a cracked engine block. They said it worked well on a HOT engine. Someone else said that JB Weld is rated to 600 degrees F....
15
15

2001 Malibu Battery Light
Here's the run down of the situation: 1. Car didn't start - Jumped it and it went 10-12 miles and died at idle 2. Replaced battery and eventually had to replace positive cables because they were badly...

Ecotec 2.4 and HHR
Considering an HHR with the 2.4L Ecotec. Any info on how this car should hold up with this engine and the automatic trans? Do the Ecotecs have a generally good track record?
6
6

HELP: 1987 Monte Carlo 305 Engine smells like gas.
Hello, I have a 1987 Monte Carlo SS with a 305 8-cylinder in it. After driving the car for awhile, and parking it, there is a strong fuel smell that comes from it. I open the hood and it seems to be...
2
2

Cooling fan wiring diagram 2002 cavalier
Can someone point me to a wiring diagram for the cooling fan circit, on a 2002 chevy cavalier ?
5
5

94 buck park avenue starter won't crank
have a 94 park avenue that will not crank over. removed and tested starter, failed, replaced starter and cranked the car it fired right up. well it only cranked that once. tried to start it again now...
4
4

Trip Computer
I have a 98 Olds Bravada that has a trip computer mounted on the headliner. It has two buttoms, one for US/Metric and the other Mode. When you go thru the Mode selections, is there a way to Zero out...
1
1

97 Buick LeSabre 3.8 problems. Mechanics can't find the problem
I recently bought a 97 LeSabre 3.8. The car has numerous problems. 1. It dies when letting off of the accelerator and idles rough at start up (have changed fuel filter, plugs and wires, maximum...
11
11