Best Rated threads in General Motors Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

EGR, P0401, Slime Everywhere
Friends, We have a 1998, Lumina, V6, 3.1 with 88, 500 miles. A few months ago it seemed to have an EGR problem. Here is the link to the previous thread: There was a lot of carbon buildup and the...
4
4

'88 Cavalier steering column
My '88 Cavalier Z24 steering column has that looseness so many of them develop where they will pivot about 1/2" up to about the 2 o'clock position. I have a donor car whose column and wheel is in much...
1
1

replacing tail light in 1996 Lumina (car)
My right flasher started flashing quickly and I discovered my brake light was out. I've got the replacement bulbs, but I can't figure out how to access them. Thanks Louis
3
3

97 Chevy Astro van weird problem
I own a 97 chevy astro van, for the past two months the "Service engine" light goes on when it rains and the van's engine misse at idle speed, kind of hesitates or stumble during acceleration, after I...
1
1

What kind of fuel injector cleaner should I use?
I've got a 98 grand am with a 3100 engine, I was wondering what kind of fuel injector cleaner I should use, someone told me to use Chevron Techron. is this really good to use?
7
7

Unlock RDS Radio
I recently purchased a Delco RDS CD/Cassette player, and installed it in my 2003 Chevy Impala, once installed it read "LOCKED"....................Can anyone assist me in unlocking the...
4
4

Rochester 2GC Carb Question
What size jet is recommended to run a small base 2GC carb on a stock GM Goodwrench 350 crate motor. Motor will be installed in a '70 Chevelle. Thanks!
3
3

Low oil pressure on a 1996 olds Aurora
Hi, on my mom's car her low oil pressure alarm goes off when she is idel she can just be idel for 1 min sometimes it takes 10 mins for her alarm to go off.. she had had a number of oil changes...
4
4

Fiero shift cables
I am trying to help my bro fix a 87 fiero GT. The shift cables are shot. There are some on ebay now. My question is, are the GT shift cables the same as the straight 2m6 cables? Are the trannies...
3
3

Why would anyone buy a car with a Northstar engine?
Hi group: This is a rhetorical question for me because just this past summer, I bought a 1995 Oldsmobile Aurora and it contains what some call a "baby" Northstar engine. Recently, while having the car...
13
13

Re: 93 Geo Tracker Ignition Timing Problem......
Thank You, I thought I was going nuts. I had the GM Geo Tracker shop manual and it did not have the correct info. With the configuration given by GM the intake was weak and the engine would not fire....
1
1

??? Remote fob programming - Buick 2002 LeSabre
I have ordered a spare remote # 1 for a 2002 LeSabre. I already have # 2 with the car. Can I reprogram them myself ( like my last Olds with a jumper wire in the computer dash socket ) or do I need it...

2001 Bravada Not-So-Smart Trak
Well, where do I start? I've recently had my mother-in-law move in with us and have inheirited her 2001 Bravada to try to get road worthy. The vehicle looks to be in great shape for 69,800 miles on...
2
2

location of heater core 1995 buick park ave ultra
I need to know where the heater core is in a 1995 Buick Park Ave Ultra and how hard is it to replace?
2
2

99 Chev Blazer - heater stopped working
Have a 99 blazer S10. Heater has stopped working suddenly. (Not a progressive loss of heat.) Fan blows, but no heat. Temperature gauge reads a little lower than norm. Oil pressure OK... Any...
3
3

'96 Buick LeSabre Fluid seepage (not water) up through floorboard
I've noticed an odd smell in my car for a couple of months. Sometimes it seemed like alcohol, sometimes like oil, sometimes like urine (ugh!). A couple of weeks ago I noticed the carpet on the front...
5
5

98 chevy blazer
my blazer does not start i had the battery tested and it was a bit drainded but it was good.. had it fully recharged and still would not start... tried the next morning and every thing was dead no...
3
3

How to get automatic geo metro into neutral w/o key
Yeah, so i lost my key and can't get another in this town and my car is gonna get towed. if i could get it into neutral then i could move it but i don't have the key and its an automatic so i can't...
6
6

Impala steering notch like feel???
Hello: I have a 2001 Impala LS with 56K miles. My wife keeps complaining that the steering feels notch like, espically when cold? The way she describes it, it sounds like the rack and pinion is...
5
5

Impala cowl cover hardware
Hello: I took the cowl cover over the cabin filter off on my 2001 Impala LS last night to vacuum out the leaves and debris, etc. There was quite a bit of stuff under there. The cowl cover has some...
3
3