Best Rated threads in General Motors Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Water Pump Bolts on 4.3L
The water pump bolts go into 2 blind holes and 2 water jackets. Does anyone know if you have to drain the radiator when replaceing the bolts? This might need to be done for the sealant to properly...
1
1

chevy venture transmission fluid change
I am getting ready to change the transmission fluid in my 1998 Venture. The owners manual say it holds 8 quarts for a pan and filter change. If I flush it by removing the return line from the...
2
2

When to change plugs, PCV Valve, and Fuel Filter on 2001 Buick Century
I have a 2001 Buick Century with about 40,000 miles on it now. I was wondering When I should change the spark plugs on my car? I have always done tune-ups on my cars (new cap, rotor, plugs and wires...
3
3

86 Cadillac Deville Electric Vacuum Booster Part #?
Trying to repair a 1986 Deville Electric Vacuum Booster Pump. Can anybody please tell me the GM part # so I can try to find more info? Can't seem to locate this part anywhere on the web. My...
1
1

2001 Buick Century Radio Poor Reception
I just got a 2001 Buick Century and the radio has a lot of static on all of the radio stations. Is there anything I can do to help the reception?
3
3

1995 Regal - Security Light Stays On
The security light on the dashboard is staying on. I understand that there may be a loose wire in the ignition switch. Is this something that I can repair? Any idea what wire might be loose? The car...
1
1

Oil viscosities - general recommendations?
It's been explained to me that these days the new cars are requiring a 5W30 or a 10W30, and I think some might even require a 5W20, but I don't know which cars those are. My question is, are the older...
5
5

Mediation/Arbitration GM Canada
Has anyone had to use the mediator process to get concerns addressed regarding repairs when normal channels like the Dealer and GM's CSRs proved fruitless. If so what was your experience and was it...
2
2

1999 Monte Carlo Thermostat Replacement
My 1999 Monte Carlo is starting to take much longer to generate heat. It started at the end of last winter. The car ran fine all summer so it slipped my mind including AC working fine. Now that the...
1
1

Power Door Lock problem on 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Hi, I have a gremlin in my power door locks in my 2000 Monte Carlo SS. At random moments in time the door locks on BOTH doors will try to repeatedly lock. This will go on anywhere from a few seconds...
2
2

Need a TRW coil spring catalog
Does anyone have one in PDF format? I would like to look up some spec's for coil springs for my auto's. I also wonder if a set of springs that I took off one car (had CC658 on it) will fit on another...

1992 Buick Regal -- How do I read the Codes?
Is there a jumper I must short or what to read Codes from this machine? My grandmother has had her engine light lit for some time, and I don't think her garage has figured it out?!? Also, for several...
3
3

2002 Buick Century Stall when cold
Hi gang, My 2002 Buick Century stalled after first start in ther morning last week, but the rest of the day is fine. I brought it the the dealer and they quote me $800+ repair, the parts they said I...
1
1

1992 Buick Park Ave, headlights won't shut off.
I don't have a manual on this beast and already hate working on it. The headlight switch is in the door and I know there is a module buried somewhere in the dash to control the lights. (It doesn't...

poor fuel economy alero v6-found problem
awhile back i posted (july 6) a request for advise re poor fuel economy.. well, i figured out why i have been getting poor fuel economy.... in a previous post i indicated that there were no...

code 33 1990 grand prix
Check for the actual vacuum at the map, at least 17 ' of hg, may have blown off the pcv when it popped back.
10
10

Blazer A/C blows out defroster vent only
I have a 1995 Chevy Blazer, the A/C blows out the defroster vent only. I have read that the most likely cause for the problem is a leaky or loose vacuum hose. Where would these vacuum hoses be...
5
5

1989 Olds Delta 88 3.8L runs really bad...need help
My son has a 1989 Delta 88 3.8 L V6 140 Kmiles. Had problems getting it started. Adjusted the Throttle position sensor and it starts OK (with the MAP sensor unplugged). If MAP sensor is plugged in it...
6
6

99 Buick Century Cruise-Control kicks off intermittently
My 99 Buick Century's Cruise-Control Kicks off quite frequently for no apparent reason. Not related to bumps in the road etc. Not particularly related to time turned-on. Exercising the lever-switch,...
3
3

Replacing brake light bulb on '99 Olds Intrigue
I need to replace the brake light bulb on my 1999 Intrigue. It appears that I have to remove a female torx bolt in the trunk to release the tail light assembly. It's probably a torx E3, E4 or E5, but...
7
7