Best Rated threads in General Motors Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1989 Cavalier injector pouring gas into throttle body
My 1989 Cavalier suddenly started "pouring" gas into the throttle body and most of the gas seems to be going out the exhaust IF I can get it running. I have to hold the gas pedal to the floor to get...
9
9

Grand Prix Problems
Hi to all and thanks for the response my recent post, I have a 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix and the engine light is on. Although it appears not to hamper performance, I went and bought a OBD II Tester. I...
2
2

1997 Chevy Astro Van
Hello, A while back I had posted a message about my van, when ever it would get moisture in the air or rain and snow, my Van would act as if it were flooded and it would miss severely. On of the...
4
4

Setting starter drive to flywheel clearance ??
Hello Folks. I have a 1981 Pontiac Parisienne 305 Auto. Suddenly wouldn't start. Nose of starter was broken off. What would cause this ? Not enough clearance between flywheel (Flexplate ) teeth +...
2
2

Venture Van: Where is Paint code located?
I have a 2000 Venture Van. Where is the paint code sticker located and which number on it represents the paint color? -- Denis Roy D. Roy Woodcraft
2
2

Autronic Eye
Remember the Eye? It switched your headlight beams in the fifties. What happened to it? Was it some sort of safety hazard? Of all the fancy stuff stuff on todays cars, that would be one accessory I...
21
21

powerglide to TH350 Transmission
Ok i have asked around with no luck. But I want to swap out my powerglide to a th350/6in tail in my 62 impala. I am told its a bolt on swap. Same tranny case and all. The shifter is going to be a 64...
2
2

spark plug gap on 91 corsica 3.1 v6
owned this car for about 2 replaced the plugs but it started running rough so i put new plugs in..the old ones looked ok but were gapped anywhere from 70 to 85.. the new ones (regular ac delco not...
3
3

dodge shadow won't start, no spark.
its not the coil, but theres no spark.
2
2

Park Ave 95--- drivers seat back "lean" stopped working
After having the car in the body shop for collision repair the drivers seat back no longer leans back. I'm talking about the control switch mounted on the drivers seat base that controls the "lean...

Shift Interlock adjustment on Jimmy
(Related to another problem posted) I want to adjust the shift interlock on a 98 Jimmy because the shifter won't move out of park with the key in the run position. As well, after a long drive, the key...

3800 variants?
I keep reading in here about how good the GM 3800 series engines are. From what I've read, I gather that there are three variants: 3800 original 3800 series 2 and 3800 series 3 First off, is this...
52
52

Oil life monitor on Buick Rendezvous...
Or any oil life monitor in general .... Should I follow it and change oil when it says? Mine is at "43% oil life left" and I've gone about 6300 kms so far. I usually change at 5000kms in other...
13
13

98 Jimmy leaking oil cooler lines
I have a Candian 98 Jimmy with 100,000km on it. It regularly leaves oil drips under the oil cooler (in front of the rad). Last time I had it at a garage they told me I needed two new oil cooler lines...
1
1

radio unlock codes
visit to get unlock codes for your delco radio. Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
3
3

1994 Cavalier Code Reader
Hello. My car is randomly displaying the check engine light. It comes on for a day, and then off for a few days, then back on. I see code readers on sale at Canadian Tire for about $30, and was...
1
1

Retained Acc Power (RAP) on a 03 GMC Sierra
Does anybody know where I can tap the Retained Acc Power (RAP) on an 03 GMC Sierra? I am adding XM radio and would like it to stay on with the radio. I have been through the fuse box and the door fuse...
3
3

1982 C10 4.1l straight 6 backfiring through exhaust
I just bought a 1982 C10 with a 4.1l straight 6.. Seems to be backfiring through the exhaust....Mostly when at high speeds and when letting off the gas.....And in park when i give it some gas and let...
2
2

Horn on a Cavalier
Hi I own a 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier (2.2Litre). My horn just died on me. It does a clicking sound. Where is the horn located. Is it difficult to change? Thanks Robert
2
2

problems with 2000 malibu
We own a 2000 malibu and here are all