Breaking the Law: Automaking’s Supply and Demand Dilemma

Incredible! I pass my local Buick/Pontiac dealer at least twice a day on my way to and from work. Contrary to the article, he is moving a lot of cars. One day he moves them to the back row, then he moves them to the lot across the street, then he moves them near the showroom, then he moves them to the front line again. Once in a while he sells one and actually moves it off the lot.

I don't know what is considered normal, but some cars sit for 4 to 6 weeks. He does OK on some used cars, but I see one that has been moved around the lot since early September. I think his pricing is too high on that one though.

He did have a Solstice last week and it was gone in a couple of days.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sad, I hope they pull their heads out of their ass before it is too late.

Reply to
Stu Pedassle

Just notice our local Buick dealer has nothing but used cars on his lot. Apparently the new Buicks are not moving here.

Reply to
<HLS

I'm waiting for one of the GM cheeerleaders (Mike Hunter, et al) to chime in with something brilliant.

LOL

Reply to
Stu Pedassle

That would certainly be a first ;>)

Reply to
<HLS

Even a blind squirel finds a nut once in a while :)

Reply to
Stu Pedassle

wow, how'd you like to be a salesman at a Buick dealership? You'd probably have to move out of your house and in with your parents or other relatives and eat ramen noodles and Wal-Mart brand soda.

Reply to
grappletech