Cant wait to see faces of SUV drivers...

"Essb" <Billy Lincoln> wrote in message


I've been riding them since 1975 bud. I got tired of handing the motor company money for half designed bikes. I ride a 2003 Yamaha FTJ1300 now. It's light years ahead of anything Harley will ever have.
Brian
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

paid
bot
not
great
big
A Yamaha who??

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Sorry, major typo. It's a 2003 FJR1300, silver.
Brian
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

gallon
travel
or
bucks
my
now.
The women like men who ride Harleys, cant go anywhere without someone wanting me to ride them.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Lucky guy. Now the question is... Do they look like biker chicks?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

All types so I can pick and choose...thats the beauty of it all.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Essb wrote:

Here we go again with the inferiority complex. Billy we are not impressed that only you can afford them! Duh @ You!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Get real, that's like the guy that says I only buy used cars so that the original owner get the bug out. People buy used cars for one reason, they can't afford to buy a operate a new vehicle. People buy little and cheap cars because they can afford to buy and operate a bigger or more expensive vehicle, period. We all did it when we could not afford to buy new and we all bought new vehicles when we had the money. Anybody who says differently may be convincing themselves but certainly nobody else ;)
mike hunt
Sigmund Freud wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Not true, I buy used cars and trucks that are well cared for with low mileage. It's because I don't want to take the depreciation hit of a new vehicle and won't keep it long enough to get the value out of it. I how ever buy new bikes because I will keep them to get the value out of them. Please don't generalize.
And I can afford new vehicles.
Brian
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
That would make sense if you were getting used vehicle with no mileage, but you are not. The reason they deprecate is because they have acumulated mileage. One can never know how a used vehicle was maintained, used or abused. The fact you say you buy used to save money shows you can not afford to spend more on your vehicles without effecting some other portion or your lifestyle. Ever know anybody who won the lottery or inherited some big bucks? The first thing people buy when they come into money is a new car
mike hunt
el Diablo wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

It does make sense Mike. When I sell my new Chevy truck that I paid $30,000.00 for and must take a loss of 20% after 2 years I loose $6,000.00.
I buy the same truck that is 2 years old, at a cost of $24,000.00 and drive it 2 years then sell it for a loss of 15% I loose $3,600.00.
Makes sense to me, I drove the same truck for $2,400.00 less money, less insurance cost as it's not new when priced. I look over vehicles very well before buying them, and buy them from a GM dealer that I know and trust. The salesman that I deal with will keep a look out for low mileage trade in's after I call him and tell him what I'm looking for. I then buy the truck out right from him and sell the 4 year old truck to the public.
Works for me. Brian
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I guess it makes sense to you but you are forgetting that your are trading a four year old vehicle on a two year old vehicle. Most to the time out of warranty and falling into the expensive 30k maintenance schedules. Why spend more on maintenance and repairs when you can put the money into a new, more dependable, vehicle? Nobody who can afford a new vehicle buys a used vehicle to save money.
mike hunt
el Diablo wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Don't buy them unless they have at least 10,000 miles of factory warranty. Been doing this for 20 years and haven't ever been sorry.
Brian
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Sounds like you are buying former rental company cars. ;)
mike hunt
el Diablo wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:20:45 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

Don't knock 'em Had a customer with nearly 200K on a ex rental Sprint with original auto tranny and engine. POS just wouldn't die.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The problem with rental company vehicles is, unlike corporate fleet vehicle that receive the finest of maintenance, the only maintenance they receive is the toping off of fluids till they can sell them at the beginning of the next model year ;)
mike hunt
Some ga wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:55:54 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Yes... that may be true... But it's NEW fluid !
(that's gotta count for something)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Nope
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 05:47:56 -0500, el Diablo donned fireproof underwear and scratched on the wall:

They don't call them hogs for nothing...
Fscking loud, too. I wonder when they'll finally get mufflers for those things...
--
kai - www.perfectreign.com

kai@yoda:~> format a:
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
format a:

Of course they are loud, driving an SUV you cant see anything but a hood the size of a pool table, hopefully you can at least hear us, since you cant see us.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.