Re: General Motors retiree: ‘This is a knife stab in the back’

General Motors retiree: ?This is a knife stab in the back?

> After years of getting generous coverage, retirees from salaried jobs at > General Motors Corp. reacted angrily today to the announcement that GM was > ending their health benefits. > Advertisement > > ?I?m disappointed in the lifetime promise GM made to us,? said John > Fleming, 67, of Rochester Hills, a retired information system auditor. ?We?ve > been wiped off the books completely.? >

The idea that corporations can take care of long term employees until they die is long gone. Promises that are not properly funded up front can just fade away. When income increases and profits increase every year you can do things like that but once you get top heavy, you fall.

Tough on the recipients, but inevitable under present circumstances. The Enron Syndrome.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski