Re: GM’s Mark LaNeve Planned for Failure Edition

GM?s Mark LaNeve Planned for Failure Edition

> I know it?s early in the day, but GM?s spinmeistery has ascended to new > heights. When contemplating the failure that is GM?s California eBay > experiment, GM?s vice president of U.S. sales displayed a Glengarry Glen > Ross-like inability to face the music. The facts: despite Automotive News? > [sub] not-entirely-accurate assertion that the GM-eBay hook-up ?lets > consumers in California buy a new GM vehicle on the eBay Motors Web site? > (every U.S. state requires consumers to buy new cars through a dealer), > the program has converted only 50 out of 16,000 listings. In total. > > ? > > Automotive News looked at the results of 3,000 GM vehicles with > seven-day eBay auctions that ended today, Sept. 1, and none was listed as > sold.? Failure? What failure? ?A GM statement said the program is boosting > awareness of GM vehicles. GM says about 4,000 eBay shoppers entered into > negotiations ? either online, over the phone or in person ? to buy a > vehicle. The statement does not say how many sales resulted from the > negotiations.? > > How about that? The nationalized automaker whose CEO swore to the Senate > that New GM would be transparent (i.e. accountable) to U.S. taxpayers won?t > disclose its conversion rate. And now, LaNeve . . . > > ?We are very pleased with the progress of the initial promotion and > its ability to raise awareness and consideration for our outstanding > new-vehicle inventory,? Mark LaNeve, GM vice president of U.S. sales, said > in the statement. > > During a conference call with reporters today, LaNeve said: ?The > numbers on eBay itself aren?t significant, but we didn?t think it would > be.? He added:?The dealers want to continue it, and so we are working on > making some tweaks to it and continue.? > > Now that?s what I call management! FYI: The program began August 11. It > was scheduled to end September 8. It will now run through September. Or, > longer.

Maybe GM aught to smell the coffee. No one is paying what they want for their product. They list at a much higher price on eBay than the deals made at the dealership as not to undercut and tick off the dealers. Competators have better deals too, no wonder the fallout.

GM by now is running out of cash (again) and now is looking for a quiet way to syphon more tax dollars from the people. How much blood sucking will the people take before they vote differently?

Reply to
Canuck57

2010 mid-term elections.
Reply to