Best Rated threads in Honda Cars and Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

98 CRV traction
I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan. We happen to live in a spot that get most of the snow each winter. We get between 2 and 300 inches each winter. Our little CRV seems to get around pretty...
28
28

88 civic LX D15B3 timing marks
I am looking for someone to verify the timing marks on my old civic's D15B3 engine before I put it back together. my manuals list many engines, but not this one specifically. the pointer on the crank...
6
6

2000 hinda civic will not start after rain
my car will not start after it rains overnight, when it warms up (when the weather) . it starts right away. what can i do. i have a new battery, new starter. any help will be appreciated. Thanks
7
7

Most reliable Accord models?
Are there Accord models of certain years that have particularly good track record for maintenance and reliability? I'm interested in the years 1998 to 2008. All input greatly appreciated. Thanks.
33
33

Re: 2002 Honda Civic DRL module and relay location
Found the low beam cut relay, in 2002 Civic, it is located behind the glove compartment. The glove compartment has to be dismantled and the grey colored relay is the low beam cut relay.

P1607/P1456 codes for 1999 Honda Accord
My 99 Honda?s check engine light is on. When I got the codes read ,there were 2 codes. ! was P1607 which is "Internal Fault A" & the other is P1456-EVAP Control system leak detected/fuel tank. Car...
1
1

1989 Honda Accord with weird humming noise & electrical problems after a break-in
I've got a 1989 Honda Accord that was broken into toward the end of January. The repair place said that only the steering column -case was broken & the window. They said they didn't see any electrical...
7
7

Honda Jazz / Fit, Windscreen water leak
Hi, I had to refill my windscreen water unusually quickly, and it went dry again even quicker. I filled it up again this afternoon and just noticed a trail of water behind my Jazz / Fit (2002 SE 1.4)...
1
1

d15b2 idling/running problems
Got an 88 civic, d15b2 engine Last 2 days, its started having very lumpy running. Its shakey at idle, and feels like its missing yet the check engine doesn't come on (as it does usually when it...
6
6

95 honda passport a.b.s. problem
I have a 95 honda passport and the other day i was driving it, i braked at a stop sign, when i went to pull out my car wouldnt go like it normally would. it will go but not very fast. if you shift it...
1
1

flooded engine in 94/95 Honda Civic
Hi, I had been having some problems with my Honda Civic 1.5 LSI (94-95) [UK], for a couple of months now. The car would Hesitation/shaking when accelerated, in the morning. A few times this has...
6
6

Parasitic Drain - Bulb Trick
Just wanted to ask: Is the "light bulb" test (putting a 12v bulb in series with the battery circuit) an accurate test for a parasitic drain? My ammeter only goes up to 0.25A, and I don't want to risk...
22
22

Honda CRV - OBDII port location
Can someone tell me where the OBD port is located? I've looked around the pedals with no success. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I also have a 1997 Isuzu Oasis (old Honda Odyssey). I need to...
1
1

1996 Honda Civic - Strange Transmission Symptoms - Revs high, slow to accelerate
My civic has been treating me great until about six months ago. About that time it started with this strange grumbly whining sound whenever it was in gear and driving, mostly when accelerating. About...
5
5

Any grease fittings on a 2006 CR-V?
I do not own one so I can't "go look". A web search has not turned up anything so far. Anyone know? TIA.
4
4

06 Honda Radio volume Low
I looked in the owners manual for any information on the radio. No help! Seems like my radio goes only to volume 40 indication. How do you over ride the default value? Can it be changed? Or am I out...
14
14

1992 honda accord AT shifts late.... why?
My friends 1992 accord automatic is slow to shift into the next gear. If I drive like a rocket, it is fine, but if I drive like a granny it races the motor and eventually shifts into the next gear...
5
5

hydrocarbon in the coolant v/s pressure test
To cut my long story short, I had a overheated Honda Civic 95, that had its "Check Engine" light come on and also some *white smoke* from under the hood. I got the car checked at one car place, lets...
5
5

90 civic dual point FI problem
Anyone know how to troubleshoot a 90 1.5L with dual point fuel injection? Will only start and run with secondary fuel injector disconnected. Otherwise floods out and won't run. No trouble codes unless...
5
5

Fuel pressure testing 88 Civic CRX DX
Just wanted to add to the growing content in this group for do-it-yourself mechanics. I became frustrated trying to find a way of testing the fuel pressure of my 1.5L honda DPFI (throttle body). The...
1
1