Best Rated threads in Honda Cars and Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Can you "feel" a difference after a regular oil change?
Is it possible to feel a difference (smoothness, better acceleration, etc.) after a normal-interlude oil change? Someone is claiming this and I think it's just their imagination, but I was wondering...
64
64

2001 CRV Rear Window latch
Hello I have a 2001 CRV and lately I have had problems latching the rear window to the tail gate door when closing all. Is there an easy fix for this? Oil something? Align something? I go to pull down...
3
3

High NOx Problem SOLVED (86-89 Accord, others) -- Smog Test
My 1987 Honda Accord LX (carb, auto) was failing the california smog test for high NOx emissions (a "gross polluter"). After an exhausting self-education, I finally solved the problem. Here's the...
4
4

Brake lights on 98 Honda Civic not working
I recently bought a 1998 Honda Civic DX and discovered that my brake lights are not working. I began troubleshooting the problem by first replacing the brake light switch (under the brake pedal) which...
6
6

Honda Odyssey poor radio reception
I have a Honda Odyssey that has very poor radio reception. No one at the Honda dealership can correct this problem. What are my alternatives? I have owned many Hondas in the past and they were all...
5
5

1995 Honda Passport Anti-Lock Brake Problem
What can I look for on 95 Passport w/ 65,000 miles RR Anti-lock and Brake Light come on after a few seconds of startup. There is an ABS code #9 (High Speed Sensor Resistance). There are times that the...
2
2

Honda Pilot 2006 XM/Nav - XM tuner location?
Hi, Anybody know where exactly xm tuner located in 2006 pilot EX with navigation? pictures from google point to rear back panel near subwoofer or under driver seat. Unfortunately it is not behind back...
12
12

91 Civic Front Side Markers Both Flash When Operating Turn Signals
I think I have a problem with the integrated control unit (ICU) that operates the front side markers on this 91 Civic. Symptoms- When either the left or right turn signals are operated, _both_ right...
9
9

Problem Setting Clock Time | 2006 Honda Pilot EX/EX-L (Sticker says EXLN)
The owner's manual for the subject car says to "Press and hold the Set (Tune) button until the numbers flash". The Set (Tune) button does not seem to depress. I've tried every other button (press and...
1
1

Glue for door vapor barrier
I need to replace the vapor barrier in the door of a friend's car. In my Civic the vapor barrier is held in place by a chewing-gum like adhesive that has held up well for over 10 years. Does anyone...
11
11

98 Civic Rattling Noise when pressed on Gas
Dear friends, Before I am posing this question I read through all issues related to noise and nothing exactly fits my case. I have a 98 Civic with 60,000 miles on it. This is my first issue with...
6
6

2008 Accord Check Engine light causes?
Hello, I have a 2008 Accord EXL Sedan Auto. Its got about 28,000 mi on it. I always get the oil changed when needed. Never use inferior gasoline (use Shell and Gulf), didn't have any mods done to it,...
14
14

Re: 2002 Honda Civic DRL module and relay location
"Doobielicious" wrote in news:xR5Qk.292$A73.166@edtnps82: You have three items that concern the DRLs. They are all under the dash to the left of the steering column: 1) Low-beam cut relay 2) DRL Relay...

OBD-II port on 2006 Accord?
Where might it be. Looked through the owner's manual. No help. Shined flash beneath dash on driver's side still nothing found. Am I even close? Car's out in the dark on the driveway so now I get to...
4
4

“Takata airbags to blame for George Ranch High Sc hool student’s death; 10th in U.S.”
?Takata airbags to blame for George Ranch High School student?s death; 10th in U.S.? ??There is no doubt that the Takata air bag inside her 2002 Honda Civic failed and fired a sharp piece of jagged...
1
1

leak from power steering Honda civic ex 2001
I have a Honda Civic EX Coupe with power steering fluid leak. I loose about an ounce or two in a week. One shop told me it is leaking from power stee ring rack seals and the only way to correct that...
1
1

meeting warranty requirements on brake fluid change
Ivory123 wrote in news: No, provided you use DOT3/DOT4 fluid. US law mandates that an automaker may not tie a warranty to the use of the automaker's own parts and supplies. But the automaker /may/ tie...
3
3

CVT jumpy at low speeds 2013 Accord
It's not a biggy but it seems that especially under 30 mph, the CVT in my 2013 Accord EX is jumpy for lack of a better word. Gives a slight feeling like it is pulsing or something. Is this...
13
13

Ok to replace 1 195/65 tire with a 195/60 on an Honda Accord?
I've been on a donut on the front passengers side while looking for someone in my area to have a replacement tire but all anyone can find is a 195/60 and my car has 195/65s. I've got a brand new...
3
3

Check Engine Light-- On, then Off
07 Accord EXL V6 automatic 30K miles, original owner, all scheduled maintenance done on time. Yesterday after driving about 20 suburban miles, the check engine light came on and stayed on. I pulled...
4
4