Can’t remove key

I have a 91 Civic auto, I can?t turn key past acc position to remove it until I hear a click from ignition switch, then it works fine. sometimes I have to wait only a few seconds, sometimes up to a minute. Maybe only once every 20-30 times do i not have to wait at all. Seems the shorter the trip the longer the wait. Was told to replace ignition switch, I did, but didn?t help. Sometimes i have problem with shift lock and have to push a nail into slot to shift out of park, could this be related, because when trying to shift I can hear a clicking in steering column. Does the "shift lock solenoid" have anything to do with the key release thats not allowing me to remove the key without waiting? :?:

Reply to
Kimo

motsco_ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Amazing. I was going to ask the same question earlier today! Most be the cold weather some of us are experiencing today that is causing this.

Thanks for the answer Curly! :-)

Reply to
Gina

The problem is definitely in this area. Replacing the console switch may be necessary if cable adjustment doesn't do it.

Reply to
Gordon McGrew

same thing happened to me once..just try turning the steering wheel from side to side if it starts jamming

"Kimo" wrote: > I have a 91 Civic auto, I can't turn key past acc position to > remove it until I hear a click from ignition switch, then it > works fine. sometimes I have to wait only a few seconds, > sometimes up to a minute. Maybe only once every 20-30 times do > i not have to wait at all. Seems the shorter the trip the > longer the wait. Was told to replace ignition switch, I did, > but didn't help. Sometimes i have problem with shift lock and > have to push a nail into slot to shift out of park, could this > be related, because when trying to shift I can hear a clicking > in steering column. Does the "shift lock solenoid" have > anything to do with the key release thats not allowing me to > remove the key without waiting? :?:

Reply to
josebgb90