Re: Re: 87 accord won’t_idle_after_fuel_p

"soundy" wrote: > david12314 wrote: > > > 1987 Honda Accord 2.0 carb, bought for my daughter, in an > attempt to > > fix a rough running engine after 10 to 15 minutes of > driving, both > > fuel filters were replaced, the plugs were replaced, the > wires were > > replaced, the distributor cap and rotor were replaced, the > coil was > > replaced, next, I attempted to replace the fuel pump sock, > but had to > > replace the fuel pump and sock, in an error on my part, I > dropped the > > tank to replace it. Once back together, the engine will > start, run on > > high idle, then when it is to return to normal idle, the > engine dies, > > you can keep it running by keeping the accelerator > depressed, but, > > once you let it return to normal, the engine dies, you can > restart the > > engine, but, once again it dies. Any help would be > appreciated. > > Thanks. > > Dirty idle jet would be my first guess. Fixing that requires > opening up > the carb. Basic carb cleaning on that car isn't too bad > though: remove > the air breather, and you'll see (if memory serves) five or > six > Philips-head bolts. Pull them out, and take loose the arms the > push the > choke and acceleration pump, and just lift the top of carb > off. From > there you can blow out the various jets and passageways, and > make sure > the float bowl is clean while you're in there. Be careful > blasting air > through though, one of the tubes toward the back of the carb > body has a > bead valve that'll go flying if you don't cover it up first. > > > --- > avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. > Virus Database (VPS): 0520-4, 05/20/2005 > Tested on: 5/22/2005 2:42:47 PM > avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software. >

I have an 86 and I have the same problem. I have not replaced the O2 sensor, but I did rebuild the carburetor. the car runs great but will not idle unless I set the idle speed way up. Any ideas? thanks!!

Reply to
Daver86