=?UTF-8?Q??11_Elantra_1.8_GLS_slipping/revving?

Howdy folks. Any help is much appreciated.

Situation: Wife reports her Elantra (~143k mostly highway miles) rpms sailed for ?no reason? a few months ago. Says she was trying to accelerate onto highway (just began commute) but rpms went with no accel, let off gas and it grabbed (not violently) and drove normal. It happened a second time last week but was 20+ miles into return commute, highway speed and this time not accelerating. Today it happened a third time but locally and while just maintaining speed ~30mph again near home so likely the trans was still warming up. No hard shifting, no check engine light, no codes, fluid clean.

Anyone have any idea? Seems to me it?s becoming easier to show symptom and getting more frequent. I don?t know too much about automatic transmissions let alone the particulars of this one but does this seem like something I should have Hyundai check? It will obviously be difficult to reproduce (I tried after the first report) but maybe there are normal things to check that don?t require reproducing the symptom that I?m unaware of. It does have 140k so would it be a terrible idea to just keep on keepin? on till something completely fails? Or is that a cause-more-damage type approach? Thank you for any advice

Chris

Reply to
cbolton911