Latest threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Tesla Model S now the least-stolen car in the US
Makes sense. You can take either one for a joy ride, but what can you do to sell Tesla parts? Nothing, no demand. Accord, lots of demand.

2013 Elantra Limited, odd noise
Sometimes when I start the car I hear a kind of "whirring" sound, this increases in pitch as if something is winding up, so to speak. The sound disappears after several seconds, and does not occur at...
4
4

Sonata vs Accords ?
Hello, Might anyone offer any general opinions and thoughts regarding the new 2015 4 cyl. Sonata vs the comparable Accord's ? Pros and cons, reliability, value, etc. ? Thanks, Bob

Repair report: Window Regulator, 2000 Sonata
I had a good experience with an aftermarket part, so I'll share it. The part is the window regulator, right front passenger's window. It's a nasty piece of kit, a design that's probably being used in...
1
1

Reading MIL codes on 2006 Sonata
Does Hyundai provide a way to "read" check engine light codes without having a code reader? I am thinking the way that you can read many GM cars by shorting two pins in the diagnostic connector, or...
10
10

Cleaning goop off window glass
2000 Sonata, inside of glass, right front passenger side. I'm replacing the regulator. A helper smeared some goop on the inside of the glass. I think that this side has plastic tint film. I suspect...
7
7

Can A Hyundai Tucson be ordered?
I ask this question because I am very interested in a FWD 2015 Tucson Limited. It fits the bill because we need a small SUV with a curb weight of 3000-3400 lbs to be hauled on a dolly behind our SUV....
4
4

fuel door release - difficult to open
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe. The fuel door release latch needs a lot of upwards pressure in order to open the fuel door. A couple of years ago I experienced the same issue, but it wasn't as difficult to...
1
1

Trajet 2.7 Automatic
On the Trajet 2.7 Automatic sometimes does the RPM accelerate and go back, the Computer reading says Drosselklappe, RPM Sensor or Pedalsensor defect(High Output), is something known about the fault,...

Trajet 2.6 Automatic
On the Trajet 2.7 Automatic sometimes does the RPM accelerate and go back, the Computer reading says Drosselklappe, RPM Sensor or Pedalsensor defect(High Output), is something known about the fault,...
1
1

HT (and everyone) : Whats your experience using warm engine heat (for intake) in the winter with regard to better fuel economy ?
Has anyone tried seeing if their fuel economy improves by letting warm engine heat enter the Intake instead of cold outside air ? Theoretically, shouldn't warm air in the winter time fool the MAF...
5
5

HT: Does the Hyundai 1.6 litre GDI engine come with oil bypass in its Block ?
Could you tell me for sure ? Thanks, David.
4
4

HYUNDAI-TECH : Whats your take on using oil filters with no bypass valve for maximum filtering ?
I understand why they put a bypass valve in oil filters...in case it gets p lugged up by the Consumer keeping it too long before changing. But, what ab out the Owner who is anal on oil changes and oil...
8
8

Question for HyundaiTech on replacing the A/C Expansion Valve
2002 Hyundai SantFe GLS, 2.7 litre HOW difficult is it to replace this ? Can it be done from the engine bay alone, or, does it require tearing into the dash as well ? I am a residential A/C Tech and...
11
11

Blue Link Sucks!
Has anyone had a problem with Blue Link? If so, what kind of problem? Has it been taken care of?
35
35