Latest threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

02 Sonata GLS Trouble Code P0445: So it turned out to be a...
...monster hole in one of the hoses next to the fuel tank / canister. Later, they (dealer) said it was throwing a P0455 so it's possible the PCV was bad but there was also a hose leak to deal with....

Diesel Injector Cleaner needed?
I,ve got a 2 litre Diesel Sonata 9 ( 3 previous petrol Sonatas) and dealer always heavily pushes Injector Cleaner at about $80 every service. At that price you would assume it,s something they pour in...
3
3

2004 Sonata Chech Engine Light Question
No I don't have a scanner and I left the gas cap too loose at the gas station. It took about a mile, but the check engine light went on. I was right near home, so I just went about a mile so I could...
1
1

2000 Lantra
Have to do some work on sons Lantra. Any tips on replacing drive shafts? Appears straight forward but you never know till you start. Many thanks John

02 Sonata GLS Trouble Code P0445: Crap, it wasn't the Purge Valve!
Welcome to the club !!!! 02 Elantra, replace cap, same. Check hoses, same. Replace purge valve .... 6 day with NOT codes .... HOORAY.... Drove from Florida to NH, all OK... Just crossed over river at...
10
10

? dashboard cover for 2010 accent hatchback ?
I know that the weather is exceptionally hot here in the southern states! Because of the large windshield & dashboard top reflecting the heat it is very hard to keep a comfortable temp in car even...
1
1

Hyundai IX35 brakes??
Hello! I have Hyundai IX 35, 06/2010. 2.0 CRDi, 4x4 -automatic I need help! Please In how many kilometars i must changing the front brakes?? I have 23 000 km and maybe, brakes are exhausted?...
5
5

02 Sonata GLS Trouble Code P0445: Yes, it was the Purge Valve?
Just wanted to share that indeed my P0445 trouble code was the Purge Control Valve. After replacing it the check engine light did not go off after 4 days of driving but then I disconnected the battery...
1
1

2010 Sonata
This will be a warranty claim so its more of interest to me than something I have to fix. !2 month old Sonata with a knock in rear suspension when a pothole or corrugation is hit. Probably LHS most of...
1
1

Car Alarm Remote Code Sniffing?
There's email making the rounds saying that people should not use their fobs to lock their cars because crooks are lurking and capturing the scan codes (which they presumably use to unlock and rob the...
4
4

AC not as cold as it used to be...2006 Elantra...
It is still cool but not like it was when new..Is it OK to buy a can of AC stuff with the hose and gauge and add some or is that a no-no warranty wise ??? If so what kind do you recomend...Thanks for...
11
11

1998 Sonta Stalling occasionally
1998 Sonta 126k~2.0L Hello everyone. It will sputter & stall in and out when restarted from short trips (2-8+ miles) BUT, not always and will eventually stop sputtering It FEELS as if: 1- the ignition...
6
6

Programming instructions for FOBs?
Hey guys, has anyone come across programming instructions for FOBs? Both of mine for my 02 Sonata GLS are being held together by rubber bands and it seems you can get cheap replacements on eBay....
11
11

02 Sonata GLS Trouble Code P0445: Purge Valve?
Well, some more research seems to indicate that it's a stuck purge valve that's causing the issue. Anyone replaced one of these and can describe where it is? Seems like it's an easy thing to change. -...

2001 XG 300 Trunk Release Cylander
My trunk stopped opening and sounded anemic when I pressed the button on the remote or the lever on the driver's side door. I took of the material and could easily see the cylander came off the flange...