Latest threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Timing belt, etc. -- questions/costs -- 2004 Santa Fe
I have a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS Utility 3.5L Auto FWD 6 Cyl 4 Doors with 68,000 miles on it. I bought it used almost 4 years ago. It is in good condition and it runs well, but I have done none of...
20
20

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited, an AW Drivers Log:
COPY EDITOR CYNTHIA L. OROSCO: I was impressed in my quick overnight with the Sonata. The exterior lines are sleek and sporty looking. The ride is fun, with plenty of power as soon as you step on the...

Air Bag problem
My 2005 Elantra with 86,000 miles is showing the air bag light on. It just showed up yesterday. With the passenger side empty the light comes on. With a person on the seat with the seat belt on the...
4
4

Fluid on the transmission top
1999 Elantra. I recently found a paddle of fluid on the top of the transmission. It looked and smelled like transmission fluid. I dried it out but in a couple of days it reappeared. I saw a rubber cap...
2
2

Elantra headlight aiming
Just replaced a low beam halogen bulb and noticed that the beam is not level with the other side - noticeably high and probably annoying other drivers. I double checked that the bulb is in the socket...
7
7

Hyundai's handling of recall on older Sante Fe
My daughter and her husband purchased a Santa Fe in 2003. They've enjoyed it as their primary vehicle since then. While they have most of their routine maintenance performed by a local mechanic they...
1
1

Quiet.
This group certainly has been quiet lately and the apparent loss of hyundaitech probably hasn't helped. Are people just not buying Hyundai's anymore? Or are they now so trouble-free that nobody posts...
19
19

Diesel Sonata
Anyone know if the 2 litre 2009 Sonata Diesel is an interference engine and whether its a belt or chain drive? Many thanks John

Never mind my previous post: 02 Sonata GLS A/C leak found in compressor, bad o-ring?
Well, it looks like my mechanic found the leak. Without opening it up, he's pretty sure its the o-ring in the compressor. It seems to be coming out from the bottom portion where the two halves of the...
19
19

The fun never ends: 2002 Sonata GLS slow leak in A/C somehwere. Is it worth using stop-leak stuff?
A while back I posted that I recently discovered my A/C doesn't turn on. Apparently due to my freon having leaked out. So my mechanic says I have a slow leak somewhere. He checked all the accessible...

genesis coupe with a stick, visibility
Is the manual shift coupe good? I've heard it's hard to shift smoothly for some reason. Something about computer "rev hanging". Also what's the visibility like? Is decent if you whip you head around...
3
3

hyundaitech
I recently learned that my local Hyundai dealership is going out of business. Rumor is that the franchise has been bought by a mega-dealer and will be relocated 20 or so miles distant. This makes the...
5
5

2007 Santa Fe Headlight
Noticed this morning as wife was leaving the driveway, that the driver's side headlight is no longer functioning. Has anyone had to fix their headlight? How much work is it. Is it just a bulb...
1
1

2011 Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai unveiled today the next generation of its Elantra model, known as the Hyundai Avantre in Korea, at the 2010 Busan International Motor Show. The new Elantra continues Hyundai's 'fluidic...
2
2

02 Sonata GLS Trouble Code P0442
Anyone else had P0442 come up? I have 112800 miles and this code pop up (scanned by the guys at Autozone). I initially thought it was my gas cap not be tightened until it clicked a few times but I'd...
8
8