Latest threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Blown Head Gasket ?
Checked oil yesterday,had to add a little.Pulled filler cap and found heavy deposit of what looked like white it today,even more. Slight loss of antifreeze in the overflow but don't know if it just...
19
19

Whos got SUPER QUIET tires on their Santa Fe ? All the tires Ive had are way too noisy .
Ive got a 2002 SantaFe which came with the Longtrail Tires which were so annoying that i changed them out early on and went with all season tires . The replacement tires I went with were from Pep Boys...
5
5

+ battery terminal 2002 XG300
Hi Everyone, Last March 30th I bought a new battery from Sears. They also sold me a very solid looking set of terminal clamps with. They were able to hook up the negative wire but the positive had an...
3
3

2011 Sonata Design
Having seen a picture or two of the new Sonata design, I think having only a 4 cylinder available will be the least of its problems. I think the car is butt ugly. I really enjoy the clean and crisp...
23
23

Do I need a new thermostat?
This morning was 0 degrees F. When I went into town, I wasn't getting much heat from the heater and the temp gauge only went up to the first line. Is this a problem? ---MIKE--- >> (44=B0 15' N -...
3
3

2005 Santa Fe rear wiper problem
I've had a problem with the rear wiper on my 2005 Santa Fe for some time now. The blade is 13" log but only about 8" of the middle of the rubber contacts the glass at any one time. I've changed the...
10
10

Effect of Calculated Load Value on fuel consumption
hi, Fuel consumption of my elantra is very high. When i checked the injector pulse width with an oscilloscope, it shows values around 4 - 6.5 ms when engine is idle. Since these values are too high, i...
1
1

Elantra Thermostat Question
I just had my car into the dealer for the 4 year/48,000 mile service which, of course, includes replacement of the timing belt. The tech that works on my car at the Hyundai dealer is excellent, and he...
5
5

Unexpected alarm
Today I went into my chiropractor's office for about twenty minutes. I did not lock the car. When I came out I opened the door and the horn started beeping. This happened once before. What would cause...
5
5

Was going to get a Forte
But based on these posts, I think I'll stick with my 10 year old camry. They mostly talk about politics on the toyota blogs. You guys have your hands full with this junk..
6
6

Got my new Sonata today
Had a small problem with my 07 Sonata so I took it to the dealer to get checked out. It was the throttle position sensor (TPS), something that has happened with some frequency according to the service...
11
11

Hyundai and Kia Ready for Primetime
Although 2009 has been beyond tumultuous for the automotive industry, a few automakers have actually made gains in this tough market. Subaru's loyal following led to a big boost in sales when new...

2011 Sonata
According to the HyundaiUSA web site, the 2011 Sonata will only have the 2.4L engine available. With a six speed xmission -auto or manual.
14
14

elantra 2001 has no oxygen sensor and it ECU runs in open loop always!
Hi all, I recently bought an Elantra 2001 model car. When i did the emmission test, it failed with high CO and HC. CO percentage was in range 5-6. Its fuel consumption is also very high. The idle is...
5
5

Elantra 2001 rear door leak
Never before, but suddenly my right rear door leaks water during the rain and car wash. The water is entering the panel on the bottom in the middle. Somehow, in the center door post is the seal loose...
4
4