Latest threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Strange "problem" 2008 Elantra
I drive with a very "light foot" in order to get the best gas mileage (34 MPG). When I am slowly getting up to speed on a slight upgrade - when I get near 40 MPH, the car shifts into drive and it...
2
2

2002 Santa Fe, noise occasionally from engine
A grinding noise - sort of like a bearing going bad - seems to come from the right rear portion of the engine. It can be quite loud and then the next day will just quiet down completely. The only...
5
5

Milestone
2003 Santa Fe, V6, 2.7 liter....303,000 kms!

OEM Bra and Dashmat for sale :-(
The Sonata is going back to the bank, sign of the times. I have 2 items from her I'd like to sell- (06-08 Sonatas) OEM Hyundai Bra- used 4 times, no rips, tears, bleaching or otherwise. Great shape....

Immobiliser/Theft Alarm
2002 V6 Sonata with factory fitted Immobiliser/Theft alarm. Frequently the system will lock itself, ie you use the key to gain entry and even before you open the door it has locked itself again. Other...
1
1

Aftermarket active head restraints
Does anyone know if there are aftermarket active head restraint systems? A quick Google search doesn't pull up anything, but I thought I'd ask here since this has become an important consideration...

Question for HyundaiTech
Just curious what you think about changing the oil from the top through the dip stick opening? I've seen kits advertised for this purpose along with the claim that "Mercedes Techs" are taught to do it...
7
7

Good site
I get updates from them every now and then about the '09 Sonata and it's free. No affiliation...

98 Lantra No Drive??
Hi All, Just bought an 98 Lantra as spares or repairs. It goes into Reverse fine and can drive around all day. But it wont go into Drive/2nd or Low at all! Fluid level is at cold. It is a brown colour...
1
1

Is this supposed to happen?
2008 Hyundai Elantra. When I close the trunk, the tail lights flash. When I close the hood, the parking lights flash. The owner's manual says nothing about this. ???? ---MIKE--- >> (44=B0 15' N -...
7
7

Dealers not dealing
I went out today with a friend to try to buy a new Hyundai. We went to 3 dealers including one that I have bought 2 Sonatas from in the last 5 years. They are not dealing at all. They would basically...
4
4

Doing My Own Oil Changes
Planning on doing my own oil changes on a recently purchased 2009 Sonata V6. Any words of wisdom from the group on: what I need to do to maintain my warranty? any filter brands to avoid? Seems...
10
10

Something to check on your Sonata
A friend of mine was getting out of my 2006 Sonata today (front passenger seat) and when he pulled on the assist pull, one end came loose from the roof. I assumed he had stripped the screw, but when I...
6
6

Please help me pick out a Santa Fe
I am interested in a Sant Fe, But need some help. #1 Do owners of Santa Fe like them & would recommend buying 1 #2 Do most people buy the FWD or AWD ?
2
2

2010 Hyundai Accent Blue Offers Low Price
The Korean automaker rolls out a low-price 2010 Hyundai Accent Blue model priced at $10,690, including a $720 destination charge. The Accent Blue undercuts the cheapest 2009 Nissan Versa by $20. Read...