Best Rated threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Attn Hyundai tech: P0442 DTC and fixing it by myself, 2002 Sonata GLS
HT, Well, after nearly 5+ months of headache and hassle, they figured it out. P0442 is the fuel pump gasket leaking. But they wanted $1400 to replace a $7 part. During all that crazy stuff they did to...
3
3

attn Hyundaitech: What would cause oil light to come on shortly after an oil change?
HT, 2002 Sonata GLS V6. So today as I am driving to work, my oil light comes on. I just got my oil changed a few days ago (at a shop I always got to) so it's fresh stuff. No leaks, no missing oil cap,...
12
12

2001 Elantra symptoms.
Has 98k miles. If I take off the oil filler cap when the engine is idling I can a pulsing pressure like there is an air(?) leak. The engine has plenty of power on the highway, over 80mph in 4th...
3
3

kr, I have the surge you mentioned on my 2005 elantra, did you find the cure?
Check the throttle cable for slack. It should have some. If not, it's probably holding the throttle open. Also check the throttle position sensor and for any trouble codes indicating an issue with the...
1
1

How do you like your 2012 Hyundai Accent ???
Did you get the 6 speed Auto trans ??? Seriously considering one. I test drove one and the acceleration with the new direct injected Engine is incredible. Hope new owners can give their opinion ....
10
10

PING- HT/Others 2003 Sonata- occasional stalling/lack of power/hesitation
Greetings all; As you know, I have been struggling with this issue for awhile. V6-2.7L, 110K miles. Here's the "done" list: New coil pack, new plugs, new wires, new MAF, new battery (it suffered AZ...
8
8

02 Sonata GLS Trouble Code P0445: Crap, it wasn't the Purge Valve!
Welcome to the club !!!! 02 Elantra, replace cap, same. Check hoses, same. Replace purge valve .... 6 day with NOT codes .... HOORAY.... Drove from Florida to NH, all OK... Just crossed over river at...
10
10

Car Alarm Remote Code Sniffing?
There's email making the rounds saying that people should not use their fobs to lock their cars because crooks are lurking and capturing the scan codes (which they presumably use to unlock and rob the...
4
4

PING- HT 03 V6 Sonata- stalling, lack of power
HT and others; My wife's 03 with 107k miles on it has recently begun to act up; no power, unable to accelerate, occasionally dying, etc. Took it to my local shop- no troubles found (fule pressure dead...
11
11

2003 Elantra - Malfunction Indicator Light
A dash light came on today called the "Malfunction Indicator Light". The manual says it comes on when there's a problem with an exhaust gas related component. Can anyone comment on what to look for?...
8
8

2004 Santa Fe power steering pump
I just spent almost $1,500 and had the timing belt, tensioner, pulley, and two belts replaced on my 2004 Santa Fe 3.5 L V6 at a Hyundai dealership -- plus other service that was done at the same time...
20
20

2002 Sonata: Cruise light on but Cruise Control won't engage via steering wheel
So this is a weird one. Just the other night I was on the highway ready to use cruise control and found it did not want to engage. The last time I remember using it was in late December or so. The...
13
13

Weird Radio Volume Issue
I have a 2007 Elantra SE. The radio has recently developed a weird problem. I almost always listen to my iPod via a cable in the aux port. The volume is supposed to slightly lower when the car slows...

Trunk stuck on '06 Sonata
A buddy of mine has a 2006 Sonata that suddenly developed a problem with the trunk latch, it will not open with either the key or the remote. What happens is you can hear the latch operate and the...
6
6

Hyundai Trajet Alternator Belt
Hi Group, I an trying to buy a new belt for my Trajet (May be same as others also) I ordered a belt from a dealer and it arrived with part number 5710-38010 this is the 5 track (4 Groove) belt. Now...
3
3

Hyundai Sonata 2004 timing belt; 96k miles; V4: 2.4L
Dear readers, I have a Hyundai sonata 2004 with 96k miles on it, its a V4 and I am in a dilemma to find out if I need a new timing belt. It will cost me $500. Timing belt + water pump (including...
5
5

Windshield Washer - 2007 Santa Fe
The windshield washer on my wife's 07 Santa Fe quit working. I checked the fluid and although it was down a little, I filled it up. No help. Read window fluid is just a short stream, not continuous,...
13
13

bad fuel
are bad fuel give those fault code ? P0422 and P1123 coze when I fill my tank (fuel 92) I hear knocking and pinging and car give my those fault code hyundai accent model 2000
8
8

Sluggish acceleration in a 1996 Accent
I have a problem with a 96 Accent that when I go to accelerate, it does so, but very slowly, and once it hits a certain point (about 3500 rpms in second gear or third gear) the car starts to...
2
2

Power Steering Fluid Question
I recently had my entire Transmission replaced in my 2006 Hyundai Sonata due to a defect. My question is would the Power Steering Fluid have been replaced as part of the transmission replacement? They...
5
5