Best Rated threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

206 Elantra - Coolant/Anti-Freeze Question
I recently purchased a new 2006 Elantra GLS, and have a question regarding engine coolant and anti-freeze. I've been a firm believer in using the low-silicate, low-pH, phosphate-free ethylene glycol...
16
16

Noise during braking - repeating thump or thud and low pitch squeak coming from right front when working suspension
When I brake I sometimes hear more than feel a fast repeating thumping sound as I come to a stop but there doesn't seem to be any steering wheel vibration. It may be more noticeable during a brake...
2
2

06 sonata radio install, poor sound output.
Ok, I finally received a replacement jvc harness, removed the factory sterio and began the tedious process of wiring everything. I hooked my new head unit up and the audio is barely audible and is...
4
4

05 Sonata V6: P0449
Hello all: As I was driving to work today, the check engine light came on. A few minutes later, I pulled in to the parking lot. I opened the hood, and found out that the window washer fluid cap was...
2
2

Hyundai's borrowed technology (from other makers)
Right after i purchased my 2000 Sonata new, I was told by a couple informed people that Hyundai borrowed certain technology for their cars ; If i remember correctly, the suspension was Mercedes Benz,...
10
10

Broken Fuel Door Cover
Long story short, my friend accidentally opened the fuel door trying to open the hatch and in the dark I walked into it and snapped it off. Does anyone know what years will fit a 1999 Hyundai Accent...
1
1

94 hyundai excel spark plug help?
Right, so I just pulled off all of my plug wires to change them, but i forgot to label which goes where. Does anybody know? This is the 1.5l motor.
1
1

99' Elantra Check Engine Light "code P1128
On the way home from work my check engine light came on so I stopped at Auto Zone and the manager put the code reader on my car and it said "p1128 Manufactures controlled air metering" this was all it...
5
5

Schematic wire color legend for Hyundai Service online manual
I can't seem to find the Color Codes for the wiring in the schematics from the web page. They are marked with codes like 2.0B or 0.3G but there doesn't seem to be any legend for what that means. That...
3
3

Re: 2003 Tiburon - no spark
A scan tool won't help. You've already located the problem - an apparent short on the power source for several critical devices. The cam and crank position sensors are what tells the ecm when to fire...
12
12

New web site to list your high mileage Hyundai
Have a Hyundai with a few miles/km on the odometer? The Hyundai Exchange online forum has added a page for owners to share their experience with their higher mile autos. The only requirement is at...

Does 2002 Sonata radio have an amp?
I've been given the radio (AM/FM, CD and tape player)out of a 2002 V6 Sonata. I got the wiring harness today so that I could hook it up to a power supply and speakers. To my surprise, the audio could...
7
7

XG350 vs Amanti
I am in the new car market. We were planning on purchasing an Acura TL but have driven the Kia Amanti and the XG350. The Hyundai salesman said this is the "same" car. The Kia guy says it's not. Are...
5
5

wiring diagram for hyundai tiburon
Just wondering if anyone has a color coded wiring diagram for a 2001 hyundai tiburon...thank you
2
2

01 Elantra. Water entering passenger compartment causing numerous problems. Now dealer won't help. Hyundaitech to the rescue?
Hi Guys, We bought a new 01 Elantra +extended 100k warranty in October 2000 and were very pleased with it until the central locking stopped working in December 2002. Upon inspection at the dealership...
20
20

oil dipstick compatibility
I have plastic handle for the oil dipstick broken (Sonata 95, V6). I don't seem to be able to locate oil dipstick replacement part, though (I searched kragen and autozone). Can I use dipstick from...
1
1

2005 Elantra - AM radio interference
Hi hyundaitech, Yes, the noise comes on when going from Acc to On, stays there while on, then goes away 10-15 seconds after going from On to Acc. Got any idea what this is???
21
21

2013 Santa Fe, back tires are wearing
I have a 2013 Santa Fe, back tires are wearing. It has 40,000 miles on it. Told me to get new tire and prob needed aligning in back and not to get alignment until I get new tires. Why shouldn't I go...
3
3

2005 Hyundai xg350 check engine light
What can be the cause for my "check engine" light to go on in my xg350 2005 Hyundai? How much approximately will it cost to fix?
1
1

"Tire Rewards Certificate" ? (free tires for life of car ?)
Hello, Will be picking up a new Elantra from the Dealership shortly. Dealer made a big deal about what is apparently free tire replacements, due to wear only, for the life of the car if one has all...
8
8