Best Rated threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Elantra spark plug torque setting
I've changed the spark plugs a few times in my Elantra. I've worked on machines long enough to know when a screw is tight but not too tight, but I decided to buy a torque wrench to be more precise...
5
5

Elantra: PZEV Version ?
Hello, Tried to find the differences in their brochure, but couldn't. What is the difference between the Elantra GLS and the GLS PZEV please ? Opinions on ? Thanks, Bob
1
1

E85... can I use it (safely) in my Hyundai?
I just heard a radio commertial saying E85 is now 30 to 60 cents a gallon cheeper than regular gasoline here in Minnesota, and its available at a fair number of service stations in my area. Can E85 be...
4
4

Just bought a used car and check engine light came on same night.
Hello. My friend just bought a used car about 5 hours ago. And check engine light is on just now. He turned the engine off and on but it is still on. It just came out tonight. That vehicle was sold...
10
10

P1801 and P1805 code unknow
In my accent 2001 MIL go On and the DTC memory is filled whith this code P1128 P1805 P1801 I found in web site doc about a first Powertrain code where i look for P1801 and P1805 ???? The Italian...
3
3

2014 Ix35 rear suspension noise
There is an isolated "clunk" from rear suspension. Infrequent enough so if I took it to Dealers you can bet it wouldn,t happen and they would report everything is perfect. Seems to happen more when...
3
3

Intake plenum V6 2.7L torque specs & tigntening pattern?
Santa Fe '03 2.7 Litre motor, to get to the back plugs must remove the intake plenum. I got a new gasket, but wonder whether there is a recommeneded tightening pattern for the 5 bolts to minimize...
3
3

PSF-3 power steering fluid; 2004 Santa Fe
I have a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe, 3.5L, AWD. The power steering fluid was a little low so I went to an auto parts store (Advance Auto Parts) and bought power steering fluid and added enough to bring the...
10
10

Hyundai Santa Fe engine running hot.
Hyundai Santa Fe 2001 2,7 GLS/ Engine overheating because engine compartment extreme hot cannot touch even the battery, temperature gauge reads normal. I need to know how to check the water pump. I...
14
14

Oil light coming on -- 2004 Santa Fe 3.5L
I have a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe with a 3.5L engine and about 80,000 miles on it. The oil light came on today while I was driving and mostly stayed on. I went to a nearby gas station and had oil added....
19
19

What did you pay for a re-paint job of your Hyundai ?
A small independent Auto Body Paint Shop in my town in Florida quoted me a firm price., of $1200 for my black 2002 SantaFe There isnt much preparation needed as the exterior is in good shape with only...
6
6

hydraulic tensioner - how to compress it?
Hopefully I won't need to do this - that I will have put the timing belt on perfectly, but just in case.... has anyone found a way to compress the hydraulic tensioner once you pull the pin and it...
4
4

Whos got SUPER QUIET tires on their Santa Fe ? All the tires Ive had are way too noisy .
Ive got a 2002 SantaFe which came with the Longtrail Tires which were so annoying that i changed them out early on and went with all season tires . The replacement tires I went with were from Pep Boys...
5
5

XG350 fuel injector and now EGR problems
I had a fuel injector go bad the other day on my 2002 XG350 - apparently it was spraying gas all the time. I was able to limp home and then got screwed by the local garage when they fixed it. $600 to...
6
6

Best gasoline for Hyundai Elantra?
Hello All, What is the best gasoline to use for a 2004 Elantra? I'm presently using 87 octane Mobil or Exxon and am thinking of switching to 89 octane. I just had a tune up and a fuel injector...
6
6

Oil leak, 2004 Santa Fe 3.5L
It's labeled "bearing cap (rear)."
10
10

torque spec of valve cover gasket 2007 santafe
We need to replace the valve cover gasket of a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. We need the torque specifications, is there an order? What's the torque specifications?
1
1

Hyundai-Tech : Do i have a blowoff Relief Valve on my a/c system (2002 SantaFe) ???
So, I was in heavy traffic yesterday with a lot of stop n go...and all of a sudden I see a huge cloud of Freon being discharge from the hood area. It lasted for about 5-10 seconds...then afterward I...
4
4

Hyundai holds land speed record
In a category, not the fastest ever Fastest Hybrid, it beat out Prius. 158 mph

Tucson 2017 Trip Computer
Anyone would know how the "Range" or estimated distance the vehicle can be driven "just after refueling" is calculated by the trip computer ? Den
5
5