Hyundai Shows Off 460 HP Prototype Supercharged Tau V8

The Chicago Auto Show featured the Hyundai Genesis Coupe pricing and the debut of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-Spec, but it's this 480 HP prototype supercharged Tau V8 that has our gears turning. The 4.6 liter Tau V8 offered in the Hyundai Genesis Sedan normally cranks out 380 HP, but this prototype engine gets a screw-type supercharger with a novel clutched pulley, a water-to-air intercooler, and cylinder deactivation. This results in 460 HP and 435 lb-ft of torque while returning 8% better fuel... Read More:

----------------------------------- Hyundai NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs

sjmmail2000-247

debut of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-Spec, but it's this 480 HP prototype s= upercharged Tau V8 that has our gears turning. The 4.6 liter Tau V8 offered= in the Hyundai Genesis Sedan normally cranks out 380 HP, but this prototyp= e engine gets a screw-type supercharger with a novel clutched pulley, a wat= er-to-air intercooler, and cylinder deactivation. This results in 460 HP an= d 435 lb-ft of torque while returning 8% better fuel...

Heck....looks like a competitor for the Corvette with that much power !

Reply to
IlBeBauck