Re: GLOBAL WARMING: Gore & Other Nervous Nellies Got Ya Scared? RELAX!

I do not believe there is much disagreement about the earth warming, it has been trending upward since the last ice age. The disagreement is to whether
man is the cause, or natural forces at work. Those that believe man is the cause are choosing to disregard the other forces that have a far greater effect than anything man to do to change thing up or down in reference to the average earth temperature. The fact is the we know is better for you crowd, has been wrong more then they have been right in the past
mike hunt

Well, yes it warmed up after the last ice age, but once it hit a level of stability, it has been there for potentially thousands and thousands of years with almost no change. Then, about 50 years ago, it began to move the median up. And it is still climbing.
Eric
Eric G. wrote:

You mean based on data such as this?
http://www.technologyreview.com/read_article.aspx?id 830&ch=biztech
And claims of scientific consensus such as Al Gore is making(up)?
http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id 0008597
How about other causes such as changes in solar irradiance?
http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/cause.htm
You are being mislead along with many other gullible citizens by people whose real agenda is far more political than scientific.
Matt

Well, no, not based on Gore's use of the "hockey stick". That thing has been so convoluted over the years that I wouldn't touch it with a, well, hockey stick. I have always believed that the Earth cycles naturally, as well as the other planets, and stars for that matter.
It is funny that almost no one seems to dispute that we had an ice age. Why would it be so hard to believe that we could have the exact opposite? Call it an "Ocean Age" or something similar.
Even your own "junkscience" reference doesn't seem to dispute the fact that the earth IS getting warmer. And I said earlier that it has happened before. And I also don't believe that man has any responsibility for it or can do anything about it.
Being mislead or gullible would assume that someone was leading me to this conclusion, or that I all of a sudden believe the hockey stick because Al Gore believes it. I have believed this since my college days 20 years ago. And to date, I haven't even seen Al Gore talk about this, or seen whatever movie they are talking about in your refereces, and I probably won't.
And I could easily be wrong in my belief that this will happen sooner rather than later. It could be 500 years, or 1000 years before it happens. But I do believe it will happen. And no I don't believe throwing money at it, or any type of political agenda will stop it from happening. Unless we can figure out how to keep water frozen.
Eric