Best Rated threads in Isuzu Carsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2006 Isuzu Rodeo/Dmax - Removing door panels
Hi, I'm looking to replace the factory speakers in my car. Its the 4door version. I'm just looking for some guidelines as to what screws to remove and where the clips (if any) are situated; Don't want...
2
2

Grinding brakes on 94 trooper
I got a brake question for the gurus... A while back, my wife's 94 Trooper started having the brakes occasionally make a grinding (almost metal-on-metal) sound when stopping. I took it to the shop and...
8
8

2000 Trooper creaking brake pedal
My '00 Trooper's brake pedal has started making a creaking sound every time I apply the brakes, which is kinda annoying. I've stuck my head up under the dash to try and isolate where it's coming from...
4
4

Opel Frontera vs Isuzu Rodeo
AFAIK these are the same... my question is whether Opel manufactures (or used to manufacture) Frontera on it's own or outsourced production to Isuzu? Also, where can I find detailed specs on previous...
5
5

98 Rodeo: Blown head gasket , I think > Worth fixing?
I'm helping a neighbor who overheated his 98 Rodeo (3.2L V6, I believe). 198,000 miles, well maintained. He had a hole in the radiator and the temp gauge was pegged. He limped down the shoulder of the...
2
2

poor gas mileage
I have a 2001 isuzu rodeo v6, 4x4 auto with 60,000 miles on it. and recently my gas mileage has gone from 18-20, to 13! I have already scaned the ecm, returning no codes. changed spark plugs, and air...
6
6

Honda Passport 1994 3.2 Engine Tapping Sound Question
Recently my 1994 Honda Passport 3.2 started to having this lound tapping(knocking) sound under the hood. It only disappears when I maintain certain speed or accelerate, maybe it related to RPM....
10
10

Troubleshooting Oil Pressure Problem - 1995 Honda Passport
This rig is running at 6lbs at idle, and gets to about 30 when at 55 miles per hour. I am told that these rigs just run low pressure; but this is worrysome. I heard somewhere about the possibility of...
1
1

Power Drive / Winter Drive
Does anyone know exactly what the "power drive" switch does? The owner's manual for my 96 Rodeo is pretty thin on this ... just says something about using it when you want more power. I definitely...
5
5

C223 temperature sensors
I have an old diesel truck with the C223 engine. I'm trying to figure out what the temperature sensors do. There are three of them on the thermostat housing. The one on the lower housing goes to the...
5
5

1996 Rodeo overheating
Hi, My 1996 Rodeo 3.2L v6 overheats when stopped in traffic or idling. However when I start moving again and pick up some speed, it cools off. The fan clutch seems to be ok (ie) it does not spin...
5
5

Check Engine Light: Code P0446 in 2001 Trooper
I'm receiving a CEL code of P0446: "Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit" in my 2001 Trooper with 56,000 miles. Yes, I know about the loose gas cap issue...I even replaced the gas...
1
1

98 Rodeo Battery & Brake Light ON Just Alternator or Worse??? HELP Please
Got a 98 Rodeo 6 cyl with 44K miles. Battery and Brake light came on a few days ago. I parked it, went back the following day and checked with volt meter, 12.4 volts not running and 11.6 running....
2
2

1992 Trooper - Speedometer problems and check engine light
Hi folks, I have a 92 Trooper LS with the 3.2 DOHC engine. It has been a wonderfully reliable and comfortable vehicle for me these past 160k miles. About 2 months ago, the check engine light started...
4
4

Honda Passport - "Power" and "Winter" drive switches
I think I've asked this question before; but what exactly are the POWER DRIVE and WINTER DRIVE switches for in this vehicle. What exactly do they do in terms of transmission operation? Also, in my...
5
5

P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input
I got the following OBD code on my 2000 Rodeo: P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input At the same time the CHECK ENGINE light came on the low fuel light blinked. Fuel gage was reading somewhere...
4
4

dash light problem
I have a '94 isuzu rodeo. After installing an aftermarket stereo - the dash lights no longer work. I pulled the stereo out - (leaving nothing plugged into wiring harness) and the dash lights still...
6
6

HORN gone wild on 1998 Isuzu rodeo
Hey all, New here. My horn got real sensitive to the touch the other day and then my worst nightmare happend. The horn went by it self and would not stop..of course it happened at 4:00 AM. The only...
2
2

Location of a imark starter relay
I know I have a starter relay failure on my 1981 isuzu imark model but csnnot find the location of the relay.

Isuzu Trooper Start-up problem
Hi, I know this issue has been raised in the past but I would like to hear from anyone who can help solve this problem. I have an Isuzu Trooper (1999) 3.0litre TD Diesel. When starting up each morning...
1
1