Best Rated threads in Isuzu Carsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

98 rodeo auto transmission symptoms
Hi! I?m new. My truck has done this before but not in a long time (year or more) and now it is intermittent with seemingly no reason that I can tell. while going up or down in gears, the 2nd gear...

1992 trooper fuel or sensor problems
Can anyone help with this one? I am working on an Isuzu trooper 1992 with the 3.2 L DOHC V6 . It Will only run at idle. as soon as you apply the throttle it stumbles and wants to stall . After running...

98 RODEO ..NEED MECHANICAL ADVICE/HELP PLEASE
My 98 2wd Rodeo that I love, out of no where gave me trouble this week. Starting it up it went into reverse fine..but when I put it into drive and tried to go.. the parking brake light and the battery...
1
1

96 Isuzu Rodeo - Overheating and Tappets issue
Hi, My 96 Isuzu Rodeo (V6 3.2L) tends to overheat when I am stopped in traffic. It cools down when I start to move again. I just had the water pump replaced a couple of months ago (when I noticed the...
1
1

1999 rodeo 2.2ltr looking for timing specs
I am looking for the instructions and if possible a diagram or pictures on how to set the timing belt on a 1999 rodeo 4 cylinder 2.2 ltr. I am replacing the head gasket and will be going up with a new...
2
2

need a head gasket
I have blown a head gasket on my 99 Isuzu Rodeo 2.2 liter. Although it still runs it overheats badly and I know because of the white smoke out of the tail pipe, I need to pull the head. Where I live,...
4
4

1996 Isuzu Rodeo with 6cyl No speedometer
Hello, I have a problem where my speedometer quit working and then the check engine light came on. I took it to a place to have the engine scoped and they told me it was an error code 24 but thats all...
1
1

2001 Rodeo fuel capacity.
Anyone had any luck getting more then maybe 14 gallons of fuel into a 2001 Rodeo? I've had mine since new and even when I thought it MUST be about to run out of fuel, it only took about 14 gallons to...
3
3

help with intake manifold gasket and flashing cel
this weekend i replaced my intake manifold gaskets (both upper and lower). now my CEL is doing weird things. when i first cranked it after the change, there was no CEL on at all (YAY!). i needed to...
5
5

intermittant fault on isuzu 280 le 1996 diesel
hi i wonder if any one has any ideas on the following problem.i can be driving along when the engine will suddenly 'DIE', and to start it again i have to bleed it from the lift pump, when it will run...

2 questions....98 rodeo...rear diff fluid change and transmission clunk
Hello... couple of questions... 1. how do you drain the fluid from the differential...I didn't see a drain plug anywhere. 2. every so often....2 weeks or so....we get a pretty good clunk when the...
1
1

O2 Sensors - 1996 Trooper 3.2 V6
I'm a newbie owner of a 1996 Trooper w/108k on the clock. The "check engine" light is on and it's been scanned with "O2 sensors slow to move" or something like that. They probably do need replacing...
4
4

1990 Isuzu Trooper 2.8 L V6 popping from throttle body
Help! 1990 Isuzu Tropper 2.8L V6 popping from throttlebody and lacking power. Engine idles fine and no smoke from exhaust. When under load popping from the intake is loud. Fixed vacum leaks. Would...
2
2

1993 isuzu rodeo mistery Transmission leak
Got my transmission replaced after the leak at 107kmiles. Now the new one is leaking the same exact way. It seems to be coming from the top at the clutch, and coming down onto the shaft, or the...

Seat belt locking up
I have a 1999 rodeo. The passenger side seatbelt locks up making it pretty uncomfortable for passengers. You had better not sit back or you are locked there until you undo the belt. Is there a simple...
2
2

1998 3.2 Isuzu Rodeo Crank Shaft
I pulled the motor on my 1998 Rodeo. I am going to remove the crank, but the manual says the Pistons must come out. I am sure it is obvious to most, but why is it that the heads and pistons must come...
1
1

2001 Trooper burns oil
It has about 120K miles on it. Slick 50 seems to help a bit. With that exception, it runs great. I assume I'll go through about 2 quarts between oil changes. Is it usually the rings that are the cause...
25
25

radio illumination bulb replacement
I have a 1990 Trooper II with the factory radio/cassette deck. The bulb is burnt out so I can?t tell which radio station I am tuned to. How do you replace the bulb. Can it be done without yanking the...
1
1

Isuzu Impulse / Asuna Sunfire / Geo Storm parts
These parts are off a 1.8L Asuna Sunfire in black ext. grey int. which is the same as Storms and Impulse XS's. Let me know what you want, but I think I have everything listed here. Email address is at...

1993 Isuzu 1.5TD Engine Problem
I know this is most probably the wrong group to ask, but nobody in the Vauxhall (Opel) group gave an answer. 1993 Corsa 1.5TD GLS, Manual, Isuzu Engine. My corsa once in a while overheats (boils over)...