'05 XJ8L

Just traded my '99 VDP (plus a bunch of $$$) for a new '05 XJ8L and WOW. While I was skeptical about the new design & look of the XJ's, there is no doubt that the new Jag's are far superior in almost every way - handling, features, and so fast! I thought I would move to the XJR but after driving the standard XJ I realized that all I needed was a bit more room in the back, hence the XJ8L. The longer wheelbase also gives a much more elegant look.

In the words of Ferris Buehler: "if you have the means, I highly recommend it"

Reply to
Kevin Killebrew

Jon A

Wholesale is around $10K for very good condition. Mine had the check engine & airbag lights on, and the horn had quit working. It also had an oil leak and bald tires that would not pass inspection. Despite all this the car was in very sound mechanical condition, drove great, and probably needed around $1500-$2000 put into it to be in good resale condition. I took $8500 but could probably have gotten $13 - $15k if I'd fixed everything and replaced the tires. I just was not wanting to do all that and then have to sell the car as well. But yes, one can definately get more by not going the trade-in route.

I think most buyers of new Jags consider the time and hassle element and opt to do the trade in. The new XJ8L sticker price was $67,535 with premium Alpine sound, bluetooth, and seat/steering wheel heaters (we REALLY need those seat heaters down here in Texas). I ended up trading my '99VDP and writing a check for $53,500 to drive the new Jag out the dealership's door free and clear with tax, title & license included - it was on the showroom floor where they put the really pretty ones. I'll be interested in seeing how much they ask for my old VDP, which is a really great and cool looking car.

Reply to
Kevin Killebrew

Which dealer is the VDP at?

Reply to
Barney Rubble

Probably wholesaled it out to the guy in Dallas. He puts them in great shape and turns them over quick. Interestingly enough almost 2 years ago I picked up a 96 VDP from someone upgrading with him, but he must have lowballed the trade. Got it reasonable via private deal and only needed to do about $1.5K in cosmetics. Great date car only put about 2000 miles on it in a year. Am definitely looking at a 06 VDP, but that's a $ push for me right now.

Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:22:13 GMT, "Kev>Wholesale is around $10K for very good condition. Mine had the check

Reply to
Jon A

The VDP was traded to Charles Maund Jaguar, it's a '99 and is emerald green. They are the only authorized dealer in Austin and they have quite a few of the pre '04 Jags on the lot. Some of them look really good, too.

KK

Reply to
Kevin Killebrew