Latest threads in Jaguar Autosshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A new Jag
I've been driving a 2003 S-Type 4.2.... Just traded up to a 2006 XJ8... Seems like a nice car, eh? British Racing Green with nav, bluetooth, cold weather package, and satellite radio. I get it Monday!...
1
1

Rear Pivot Bearings and Hubs - '87 XJ6
I am almost ready to bring my 87 XJ to a mechanic to replace pivot bearings (there is noticable play in both rear wheels and I can see the pivot shafts are loose). He says this is about a 7 hour job,...
9
9

X-Type intermittent start
Hi, I just got a 2002 X-Type with 68000 miles. The car drove perfectly fine during the first day. In the evening it failed to start. After 2 hours I tried again and it did start. I parked it and...
6
6

2001 XKR has gone crazy!
My XKR has been sitting for a couple of weeks. When I got in this last time, the power seat shoved me into the wheel, the stereo made a shreek out of the front right speaker and sounded like a $5...
1
1

XJ8 ( 2000 ) Instrument panel bulb failure.
Can anyone explain ( simply ) how to access failed bulbs in speedometer . Thanks in anticipation. Geo.b
4
4

HA
If you've read my previous posts about the 94 VDP problems, I've found the answer. There are two additional screens inside the fuel pump housing. The one that is actually part of the fuel pump looked...

Re: 2001 Vanden Plas or 2003 XJ8??
You may be missing out on the tail-end of the factory warranty...could be important in a used car.

3.0 Question and Jag's US Future
This will probably sound ignorant, but I'm still trying to learn about Jaguars in general. I have a couple of questions. Is the 3.0 in the X-Type the same engine as the base 3.0 in the S-Type? I ask...

Re: S-Type Manual or Auto
"MG" wrote in news:HX2Mf.5070$ I'm interested if anyone has details about the pre-2004 transmission problems. My wife's 2002 S-type 4.0 has shifted hard from time to time, but recently has locked her...
4
4

94 XJ6 Vanden Plas....offers?
It's come down to the car or the truck, and I have a boat to tow.........1994 VDP, 129,000 Blue. New headliner, door gasket, EGR solenoid,valve cover gasket and tube seals. I think it needs a fuel...
1
1

Jag does UK tour on one tank
A Jaguar XJ saloon has travelled the length of the UK on just one tank of fuel - and then went on to top 1,000 miles in total. The luxury XJ TDVi completed the trip from John O'Groat's to Land's End,...
1
1

code 37 then what?
my wife's 94 VDP posted code 37 "EGR solenoid". I changed the solenoid then the car got worse. Wouldn't start cold then wouldn't run at any reasonable speed, till it warmed up. I cleaned the fuel...
6
6

For Sale XJS 5.3 V12 1986
Sadly my XJS 5.3 V12 is up for sale due to me having no garage, MOT till June 21st 2006, Taxed till end of December 2006, Excellent runner, Good oil pressure etc.. Anyone who has seen her at the shows...

Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ
Hi all, The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ has been updated. The current version is 5.5, dated April 23, 2006 and can be found on Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, tips, manufacturer's...

Check Engine FF67
My 94 XJS V-12 convertible is giving me a check engine light. On the mileage computer screen it says FF^&. Can anybody interpret this code for me? Thanks in advance.