Are Texas XJ8's Certified for California?

I'm in California. I found a Jag in Texas that I'd like to buy...IF it is certified for operation in California.

Naturally, every dealer I call in Texas tells me yes, but without flying to Texas, I'd like to feel more comfortable. So, does anyone know for certain that a Jag imported to Texas is California certified?

There's supposedly an Emission Control label under the hood that should say California certified in addition to the Federal certification.

Thanks in advance,

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Reply to
Ed Jay