x-type newbie question

You all have surely seen this dozens of times before- but please indulge me. I saw the x-type for the first time and realized a jag was within financial reach (new 2.5). My wife raised the serious question- Jaguars are unreliable, right? Researching this question is hard in fact- little data exists on JD powers and the like, and I can see on this group a few questions on other models in just the last week.One hears the later model (2001,2,3) cars are as realiable as the competition from Japan & Germany... but data??

So my question is-- is there any available DATA on reapir frequencies, cost of maintenance, even systematic studies of user satisfaction with mechanical issues-- to satisfy this concern?

Reply to
news

Without trying to sound snippy here; where is the data that says Jaguar isn't as reliable as the competition? Jaguar of the Leland years has a debatable reliability history (not a debate I am trying to engender here) but that was years ago. A well maintained Jaguar works as well as a well maintained anything else. Individual lemons can and are produced by all makers of automobile, including the Japanese and Germans.

I can't remember the URL (somebody here will) but there is a US Government site that lists the recalls for all makes, you can check that out if you are in the US. Ron already gave you the UK site.

You can also go to the specific Japanese and German car NG's and read what they say about the troubles they have had.

Other than that, drive the models you are interested in and choose, Jaguar is no less reliable than any of the other similarly priced brands.

Good luck in your choice.

Reply to
fmaas