Latest threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo v6 4.0 is stalling, backfiring, shaking, sputtering and shutting ff while driving or stopped it doesnt matter.
if anyone is having issues with stalling backfiring sputtering and/or shutting off please complain to this site and encourage a recall for this issue in the 2000s model or less jeep grand cherokee...
1
1

ZJ Starter
Does anybody know of a decent starter for the '97 5.2 ZJ? I seem to be getting about 2 years out of the ones from the auto parts stores and it's a pain in the butt.
2
2

OT I have a question
I bought a 1985 Dodge D250 today to give me transportation since the XJ is acting up. It has a Stahl service body in place of the regular pickup bed and I'm thinking of selling it to get some bucks to...
2
2

The last straw
I've followed every "guru's" tips and tricks I could find anywhere in an effort to rid my 89 XJ (Cherokee, 4.0, auto) of the cutting out it has been doing and today I even drained the savings account...
20
20

Low engine oil pressure when turning left!?!?!
Hey all, Got a strangle problem that I can't seem to figure out. 1997 TJ Sahara, 4.0L I6. Got the engine rebuilt recently, and the mech screwed it up. It's burning oil from somewhere, but I don't know...
1
1

The New Popemobile
CBS Evening News, Tuesday, July 6, 2015. Seems the Hyundai didn't work out and the new Popemobile is a Jeep. They don't mention it in the story but there's a very clear shot of it, with "J E E P"...
2
2

now to trace a vacuum leak
I got the new cam and lifters installed and even got the beast running (89 XJ, 4.0) and it runs smoother and has more pep ... so far but I haven't driven farther than around the block. I won't be...
7
7

bad camshaft may be the culprit to all my troubles
I had my 89 XJ listed for sale and one person that stopped to see it decided to not buy it but, since he had retired as a mechanic for Phil Long Ford in Colorado Springs, CO, he suggested I pull the...
3
3

MAT sensor
89 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 and all the bells and whistles I'm picking up new O2 and Map sensors and figured I might as well replace the MAT also. Ok, O'Reilly's doesn't list one even after using ever...
2
2

fuel injection trivia questions
1) Name a fuel injection with sequential port injection that did not use a computer. 2) Name a fuel injection that controlled fuel flow well enough to meet 1976 emissions standards and deliver...
2
2

1996 jeep cherokee rear brakes lock up
1996 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0L, manual trans, no ABS. the rear brakes were locking up, noticed that the park cables were not fully releasing and the drums were oversized. Replaced the park cables, shoes and...
1
1

I give up. For sale: 89 XJ Cherokee Limited
89 Jeep XJ 4.0 auto (includes 40 chan. CB radio with dual 4' antennas). Random cutting out while driving, has stalled completely, road speed not a factor. Stalling at idle (acts/ smells flooded on...
2
2

Bendix should never have been allowed to partner with Renault
Or the continuing saga of the hiccuping '89 XJ. I got the new ICM installed and it didn't help a bit. 30 seconds after first start after the install and the durn thing died. Oh, it did restart ......
1
1

Aw, dang! Ignition control module bit the dust!!
(89 Cherokee 4.0) The hiccups eased a bit but then came back after the tune up. In fact, the dang thing quit as I was pulling out of the local O'Reilly's and I had to get a tow home. Mandi (the...
4
4

AFTER INSTALLING NEW IDLE CONTROL UNIT IT STILL IDLES AT 2200 AFTER WARM UP. W
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
2
2