Latest threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

02 4.0 Main Seal Leak?
hi All, My 02 TJ developed a leaky main seal after the Oil pan had to be replaced due to a mishap with a rock. I just had the dealer repair the leak and the next day it is leaking again. I have heard...
12
12

Stainless Steel Wagoneer
When I was a kid growing up in the '60s I remember a Stainless Steel Jeep Wagoneer visiting the Butler (PA) Armco plant. I recall it as some sort of promotional thing between Kaiser Jeep and Armco and...
6
6

I6 jeep Engine swap to 350 NEEED HELP PLEASE!!!
My buddy GAVE me a 1960-1970 GMC 6000 its got a 2 yr old crate engine chevy 350 small block with a performance 4 barrel carb. i want to take the 350 out of the truck and put it in my 1978 jeep CJ-7....
10
10

AX-15 smoothness?
I just bought an 87 YJ with a supposedly rebuilt AX-15. The tranny seems a bit clunky between gears, not real smooth, it seems I have to pause a bit between gears to let the synchros engage. I don't...
6
6

detroit tru trac
anyone running Detroit Tru Trac?? they sound pretty good but read somewhere they aren't very strong and are little better than an open diff when the going gets really rough,
4
4

Honey! I'm Home!
We made it! We're exhausted... Great story. Film at 11 Kate
72
72

Transmiss Shop: Ethical? What To Do? JGC
Went to pick up my '96 JGC Loredeo from the shop tonight and got 3 surprises. After learning my transmission was shot beyond reuild (so they said), I asked the shop how much would a used one cost, and...
13
13

any jeep lover should see this
want to bid, but im sure it will sell for a lot more than its worth to me.
10
10

Engine swap straight 6 to 350
i have a cj-7 1979 with a straight 6 in it that seized up due to a severe oil leak puncture in oil case; engine seized up. i came across a buddy who put a 2 yr old crate small block 350 into a truck...
7
7

Speedometer's got me stumped
Hey all, long time reader, first time OP- I've got a broken speedometer. '93 YJ with a 2.5L and a 5-speed. When I bought it, the speedometer didn't register at all, and the odo was stuck at 100,722...
5
5

Looking to buy a 2001 TJ
I'm looking into getting a 2001 TJ, 5sp, 4.0., 76,000 miles. I'm familiar with the YJs, XJs and CJs. Is there anything in particular I need to look at? Any problem areas that may need attention later...

Drivers Door Panel
I am looking for a '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee drivers door panel, light grey with no cracks, Mine has developed many cracks and would like to get a new one. Anyone know where I could possilby get a new...
5
5

1940's Willys
If anyone is looking for parts or possibly to restore a '40s model Willys Jeep, we have one up on an aution coming up Apr. 4. Not sure what year. It does run and drive. Drop me a email: allisd21 at...

looking for security trunk / box for YJ
Need to lock up valuables too big for center console ... a box that mounts where back seat used to be. Is there a place to purchase such an item? thanks
2
2

Transmission
Looking for a used 5 speed transmission for an 87 YJ....Preferably in the Kingston and surrounding area...
2
2